Kudos to Benson

I will always have some of the best memories of Hot Springs. The scenery, the walking between courts during halftimes to watch other games and the year we beat Troy for the title and of course Lucky"s to name a few. But I must say I think Karl Benson trumped Banowsky and CUSA when he not only moved the SBC Tournament to New Orleans but moved back the starting date as well and then positioning the Championship game on the day of the NCAA Tournament Selection for greater exposure. NIce move!!

But that's not all. The venue was really nice. The Sun Belt logo at center court looked great and promoted the conference with class and the brightness, colors and high defintion on TWC gave the Sun Belt the perception of a first class basketball conference. The announcers did a great job as well.

I think Karl Benson just schooled Britton Banowsky and CUSA.

Nothing against UTEP, El Paso looks like a great venue, but it's hell for just about everyone in the league to get to.

Really hope they change the tournament to a more central location

CUSA opened wbb final to public for free. First 2500 get free hot dog. Not kidding. pic.twitter.com/iapvZdVuDu

— Adam Sparks (@AdamSparks)

March 15, 2014

Nothing against UTEP, El Paso looks like a great venue, but it's hell for just about everyone in the league to get to.

Really hope they change the tournament to a more central location

The league is fantastic in terms of regional games for NT, but it's gotta be a nightmare for the league officials to try and satisfy everyone with a good basketball host.

I don't know if it can happen as long as they are rotating or taking bids. The better solution might be for everyone to agree to a neutral location smack in the middle (geographically) of the league members.

The league is fantastic in terms of regional games for NT, but it's gotta be a nightmare for the league officials to try and satisfy everyone with a good basketball host.

I don't know if it can happen as long as they are rotating or taking bids. The better solution might be for everyone to agree to a neutral location smack in the middle (geographically) of the league members.

There's always Hot Springs.

Two pathetic championships...Rice hosting it was an embarrassment to the league and El Paso hosting it was awful if UTEP lost. Which obviously, they did. Pathetic.

Game should be hosted in Dallas at the AAC or some other city towards the middle of the conference with destination status.

Edited by meangreener
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1