Frisco? I thought it was called Frisclosure?

It certainly was in 2008 when we moved there. Now, it should probably be called Leaseco. Several homes in our neighborhood have gone from owner-occupied to lease. Lease sign went up in the yard of the home across from us this week. And, we are, you know, just thrilled about it.

Sadly...(gulp)...Little Elm is beginning to look attractive to us!

I am supposed to take my CHL class there the end of the month.

My dad doesn't even live in Frisco and he joined yesterday. He's got it all - handguns, shotguns, and an AR-15.

He's never fired the AR-15. He's one of those people who bought it during the panic among gun enthusiasts following Sandy Hook. All he could talk about for weeks was how the government was going to ban them.

So, my guess is, he probably paid double for it what they run today. Crazy.

The funny thing is, when we were growing up, my dad never had guns in the house. He'd say to his gun-owning friends, "I stopped having guns in the house when I become old enough to kill a man with my hands!"

That was a strange enough statement in itself. Now, he can't stop collecting them. Nuts, man.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

My dad doesn't even live in Frisco and he joined yesterday. He's got it all - handguns, shotguns, and an AR-15.

He's never fired the AR-15. He's one of those people who bought it during the panic among gun enthusiasts following Sandy Hook. All he could talk about for weeks was how the government was going to ban them.

The funny thing is, when we were growing up, my dad never had guns in the house. He'd say to his gun-owning friends, "I stopped having guns in the house when I become old enough to kill a man with my hands!"

That was a strange enough statement in itself. Now, he can't stop collecting them. Nuts, man.

I have a few guns mostly for hunting, but I shoot them all, I think my favorite is my little 1022 Ruger, just a small .22 semi-auto rifle light and fun for plinking small rodents and target shooting around the ranch. Cheap to shoot too.

I am in Dallas and I have been talked to driving up for this class, we shall see I have not registered yet was planing to this weekend.

Not really. He just can't kill a man with his hands anymore, so he needs guns as he gets older.

Makes sense.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

I studied the Constitution in college. I am in favor of the second amendment and gun ownership. I choose not to own a gun because that is a lot of responsibility. Too many gun owners take this responsibility lightly. Lock up your guns. Take care to make sure they do not fall into the hands of kids. Take measures to avoid accidental shootings like shooting your spouse in the middle of the night when they come in late and are mistaken for an intruder (though I don’t think that happens often, it does happen).

• Upvote 2

I studied the Constitution in college. I am in favor of the second amendment and gun ownership. I choose not to own a gun because that is a lot of responsibility. Too many gun owners take this responsibility lightly. Lock up your guns. Take care to make sure they do not fall into the hands of kids. Take measures to avoid accidental shootings like shooting your spouse in the middle of the night when they come in late and are mistaken for an intruder (though I don’t think that happens often, it does happen).

Agree... and only an idiot would shoot when they really can't see and know what they are shooting at.. also too many who own land including me will not lease out hunting rights because too many people not only don't do that but don't look in the distance what is behind the "target" and wind up shooting a cow, house, pickup, farm equipment, someone, etc.. others just shoot up some "old building" or whatever and destroy what might be stored in them. ..... Guns are not toys.

• 2 weeks later...

I fired sharpshooter on the range at old Camp Matthews in Marine Corps boot camp and expert each year of my enlistment after that, but I do not understand the current fascination with gun ownership and concealed licenses. What are those suburmanites in Frisco afraid of anyway; ferocious Bobcats and man eating coyotes?

There are too many guns floating around in this country anyway, and too many half-wits to go along with them.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

What are those suburmanites in Frisco afraid of anyway

Um, the answer to that would be pretty much everything. While residing in Frisco, two stories in particular caught my eye.

1) Not a one time event, when people would see a car more than, say, ten years old driving through a neighborhood, they would call the police and post a description of the vehicle on the city message board.

2) Upon spying what she believed to be an inappropriate amount of empty alcohol containers (beer cans) in her neighbor's recycling bin, a Frisco resident took it upon herself to call CPS. You know, for the children.

I regularly had women in tiny HOA cars measuring my lawn with a ruler. I got fined by both city and HOA for losing a tree during a storm less than eight hours after it fell. I nearly got fined for not staining my replacement fence slats to matching colors quickly enough after losing several in said storm.

Frisco. Fuck that place.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Um, the answer to that would be pretty much everything. While residing in Frisco, two stories in particular caught my eye.

1) Not a one time event, when people would see a car more than, say, ten years old driving through a neighborhood, they would call the police and post a description of the vehicle on the city message board.

2) Upon spying what she believed to be an inappropriate amount of empty alcohol containers (beer cans) in her neighbor's recycling bin, a Frisco resident took it upon herself to call CPS. You know, for the children.

I regularly had women in tiny HOA cars measuring my lawn with a ruler. I got fined by both city and HOA for losing a tree during a storm less than eight hours after it fell. I nearly got fined for not staining my replacement fence slats to matching colors quickly enough after losing several in said storm.

Frisco. Fuck that place.

LIBERAL..! You think you should be able to think and do as you wish somewhat.. reminds me of the time I was trimming a tree and throwing limbs over the back fence.. the Next day I got a notice from code enforcement to clean up my alley ... The limbs were already gone and had only been there maybe four hours. ... Very unusual though, guess he was just making the rounds when they were still there.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

Good points. I studied the constitution in college as well and, because I was able to understand compound sentences before ntering college, I have never considered the second amendment absolute. (...the right to keep and bear arms, A WELL REGULATED MILITIA, etc.)
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Good points. I studied the constitution in college as well and, because I was able to understand compound sentences before ntering college, I have never considered the second amendment absolute. (...the right to keep and bear arms, A WELL REGULATED MILITIA, etc.)

So what are the reasonable restrictions on the 13th Amendment?