'15 DL Dailon Holmes

BillySee58

It may be wise for Holmes, Eli Howard, or any other defensive end to strongly consider committing soon. We already have 3 defensive linemen committed including the grayshirts. 2 are defensive ends (Miller and Graham). I can't see us taking any more than 1 more defensive end.

However, a guy like Kenneth Mann (now up to 20 offers) is someone you make room for. Still holding out hope for him, but trying not to get too greedy after getting Sam Miller.

I don't hold out any hope for Mann but Myles Cheatham (Cedar Park) and Blaine Padgett (Hardin-Jefferson) are three-star athletes who I do think are possibilities. Each holds about three other offers and are actually rated slightly higher than Mann.

I don't hold out any hope for Mann but Myles Cheatham (Cedar Park) and Blaine Padgett (Hardin-Jefferson) are three-star athletes who I do think are possibilities. Each holds about three other offers and are actually rated slightly higher than Mann.

Even though they may be rated higher, there's no question in my mind that Mann is the best of the bunch. I've been high on him since we were the first team to offer and since then about 20 schools have offered. The thing about Mann is that he doesn't have any single offer that stands out as a team we can't beat. Sort of like Sam Miller's offer list, schools like Houston and Kansas State. Just more offers.

We've offered some pretty good ends. I also like Josh Little from Oklahoma. That's why I think it may be a case of who commits first may get the last spot.

Haven't seen too many DT's getting offered.

The bigger guys seem to be a little scarce this year. We've offered five that are uncommitted. In reality four, since Duvanta Lampkin is a 4* recruit with a dozen offers. They are Samson Salluone 6-1, 300; JC Mike Edwards, 6-1, 295; Sami Awad, 6-2, 275 and Kaden Jackson, 6-2. 270. Only Awad is from Texas. The best prospect that I've seen on video has not been offered by anyone. He is Jordyn Johnson, a whopping 6-5, 306 from Garland Lakeview. He must have academic problems because he looks great on his video. I'd offer and hope.

The bigger guys seem to be a little scarce this year. We've offered five that are uncommitted. In reality four, since Duvanta Lampkin is a 4* recruit with a dozen offers. They are Samson Salluone 6-1, 300; JC Mike Edwards, 6-1, 295; Sami Awad, 6-2, 275 and Kaden Jackson, 6-2. 270. Only Awad is from Texas. The best prospect that I've seen on video has not been offered by anyone. He is Jordyn Johnson, a whopping 6-5, 306 from Garland Lakeview. He must have academic problems because he looks great on his video. I'd offer and hope.

We actually offered Lampkin as an offensive guard. We're the only team to have offered him on the offensive side of the ball. Also, we're recruiting Kaden Jackson as an offensive lineman. A few other offers out are Mikorri Reese (Louisiana), Quentez Johnson (Georgia), and Bobby Leath (Coffeyville CC). These guys have big time offer lists as well though. Then you have a few guys like Dustin McWhorter (Graham) and Carl Thompson (Guyer) who project as 3-techniques on the next level. Same with RD Wegmann from WF Rider.

Haven't seen too many DT's getting offered.

Always the toughest and rarest of position to land. Very few good ones available and they get stockpiled by the p5. I think Coach Patrick will really help us improve in this area.. Mike Nelson was a good D-line coach but he was not a recruiter.

Always the toughest and rarest of position to land. Very few good ones available and they get stockpiled by the p5. I think Coach Patrick will really help us improve in this area.. Mike Nelson was a good D-line coach but he was not a recruiter.

Absolutely. And I don't know that KP is the sole person to thank for this, but I love that we've broadened our horizons in DT recruiting. Like you said, the best DTs are stockpiled by the big programs which makes it tough for schools like us. Unless you have an ace recruiter or two.

What makes things even more difficult is if you're limiting where you're recruiting DTs from. Even if that state is Texas, it's hard for kids to fall through the cracks here, especially DTs. Just this class we've offered DTs from Louisiana, Georgia, and Utah. And we may have a shot at pulling the kid from Utah, and he's a legit nose/1-tech prospect.

• 1 month later...

So you don't think we are in the lead at this point?

Never said that.

My point was that implying that a commitment may be impending because of him wearing our jersey in his twitter avi may be a stretch. He hasn't been offered, or visited any other schools. It's not like he picked a picture of him wearing our jersey over a picture of him wearing a jersey of another school who has offered him. We lead by default.

• 5 months later...

I grew up about 45 minutes from Pine Bluff. Horrible town. The state finally decided to put a state prison in the town to make the permanent commute for most of their citizens easier. It's a sketchy place to say the least. They usually have a pretty solid HS football team though.

Where did you grow up? PB was my Mom's hometowm. Sad that it has been in decline since the 80's. It used to be a very nice town. !

Two pages over a year of how great this kid is and now he's destined for DII status. Grades an issue or what?

Rick

What 2 pages? I read where he had the size, but would be a project, and that we had to get him because he is a local young man.