Xavier Washington Audio

H-towngreen

yeah, if he follows through with choosing the from one of the first schools....over some others coming in last minute like Texas, or Oklahoma...or some SEC schools.... that would be a statement.

I guess we'll see. how many spots do we have left? is it 1 or 2?

Even if there are zero spots left, there will be a place made for Xavier Washington.

• Upvote 2

Cooley, I think we will land Xavier. My question for you is, do you think he RS or gets to start for 4 years?? This kid can flat out play. I don't give a rats backside about his height or weight. He DOMINATED a Katy team who typically owns the LOS.

As someone else posted, U of H is already up to 25 commitments. BTW, they do a great job of recruiting the HOUSTON area. We need to keep our local kids home (which includes East Texas).

Actually out of those 25 committs, 3 are early enrollees, so we have have a few spots left actually.

• Downvote 5

Actually out of those 25 committs, 3 are early enrollees, so we have have a few spots left actually.

You guys already have 3-4 defensive linemen committed with at least 2 being ends. Yes, I think Washington starts because we don't have anyone better. Worst case scenario is him coming in on obvious passing downs.

• Upvote 1

You guys already have 3-4 defensive linemen committed with at least 2 being ends. Yes, I think Washington starts because we don't have anyone better. Worst case scenario is him coming in on obvious passing downs.

The thing is, he'd actually be one of our bigger defensive ends. The defensive ends we have coming back are smaller, pass-rushing type defensive ends. Daryl Mason will likely be one of our starters, listed at 253 lbs (may be a little much be he is decent sized), and Chad Polk (listed at 223) and Quenton Brown (listed at 235) will probably compete for the other spot. Also our other defensive end with a little experience is Jarrian Roberts at 238 lbs.

Washington might be our second biggest defensive end next year if we could land him.

Nothing. I just had not heard anyone talking about him, Billy didn't include him in his DE review and I had not seen him play.

Yeah, Dilonga and also forgot to mention Andy Flusche who could be a factor after winning scout team POTY at the banquet.

One more name I would keep an eye on the d-line would be Lajaylin Smith. He played d-end in high school and is in a very similar situation to Chad Polk last spring when they moved Polk to defensive end. Similar body size as well. Just speculation on my part though.

• Upvote 1