Central Arkansas (12/17/13)

CMJ

I just got the email for this game. 11:30 a.m. on a Tuesday? There will be five people at this game.

Hide it and hope people to realize you are playing basketball. That's what this schedule has been. Why do you think a women's game was scheduled the night before homecoming and not a men's game?

Keep Benford out of sight and maybe the alums will forget about basketball and the BOR doesn't have to pay out a contract.

Not happening.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Is this a "Red Line"?

I would like to concur with CMJ, we support the players. They deserve so much better than this!

Everyone who says they support the players, and are local enough to do so, should be showing up for the games. Posting on a message board will not get it done. If the players deserve better that includes fans who actually show up if they actually support the players so much.

I realize the Tuesday game will be tough for a lot of folks to make, understandable, but no excuses for folks who support the players for not showing up for evening and weekend games.

Hope to all the supporters at a few games this season...to support the players and all.....

Edit: I see this post hit a tad too close to home for some folks. Funny.

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 9

Everyone who says they support the players, and are local enough to do so, should be showing up for the games. Posting on a message board will not get it done. If the players deserve better that includes fans who actually show up if they actually support the players so much.

I realize the Tuesday game will be tough for a lot of folks to make, understandable, but no excuses for folks who support the players for not showing up for evening and weekend games.

Hope to all the supporters at a few games this season...to support the players and all.....

Edit: I see this post hit a tad too close to home for some folks. Funny.

Not to get this thread off in another direction but besides ones kids, I don't agree with blindly supporting anything. Everybody has their lines where enough is enough and Benford's actions both on and off the court have made some people feel that their personal line has been crossed. I don't blame those who feel this way.

We just lost at home to SFA by 30+. Add that to a slew of bad performances under Benford. I wouldn't think less of anyone who ask themselves "Should I be devoting my time and money to this mess?"

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

We've been through this with football. Ultimately, it's our entertainment dollar. I don't attend things that increase my stress in a negative way without first filling out a W-4 and negotiating a nice benefits package.

Yep, and I also refuse to spend my money on a product that I care way more about than the owners of the product.

That is my perception after the refusal to admit a terrible mistake and can Benford after Hor Springs last year.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2