Army of Dad reporting from Apogee Ryan vs. Cedar Hill

Harry

It's a cold one out there for the Chiller Thriller high school playoff game at Apogee today for Ryan High School vs Cedar Hill. Lots of ice on the far sidelines and cold booties in the seats.

gallery_1_2_551999.jpg

Braving the cold with the RHS fans is Army of Dad and the teen offspring bundled up in their warmest gear (the hunting attire).

gallery_1_2_82918.jpg

And, the Raiders take the field.

gallery_1_2_206012.jpg

Sent pics to army of mom, I bet she has sent them to Harry.

Ryan trails 23-0 at the half. Very nice job done by UNT in clearing field and portion of the stands. The approaches to the stadium and the bridge were very slick, but manageable if you are careful.

Free admission and good practice in how to stay warm in case HOD should be cold.

Ryan returns a fumble for TD. Ryan trails 23-7.

Potentially very serious injury for cedar hill lineman. Laid prone before stretcher and neck/back board brought out.

Prayers for the young mans speedy recovery.

Was able to wave to crowd on the way out, some good news.

Edited by Army of Dad

Ryan returns a fumble for TD. Ryan trails 23-7.

Potentially very serious injury for cedar hill lineman. Laid prone before stretcher and neck/back board brought out.

Prayers for the young mans speedy recovery.

Was able to wave to crowd on the way out, some good news.

Hope he is fine. My son is at the game and texted me a pic while they were waiting for ambulance to come.

Honest question. I don't watch high school football. In fact, I have never seen a high school game. When I see high school scores, it seems like defense is really an after thought. Or, I might guess that at the high school level, most defenses have one or two holes to exploit that higher levels don't?

Best athletes are on offense. QBs/WRs get to spent time in 7 on 7 camps.

Went to half of the Guyer game. Jerrod Heard is never gonna play QB at UT...and he's gonna take some big hits with his running style. Also, I want Birdville's running back Xavier Duncan.

I liked the #2s on each side of the team colors in that game. Also, Guyer's D-line be quick.

Is anyone else still out here? Came out for the Guyer game, would over to see a fellow GMG-er.

We were there! GOOOOO WILDCATS!!!!

Went to half of the Guyer game. Jerrod Heard is never gonna play QB at UT...and he's gonna take some big hits with his running style. Also, I want Birdville's running back Xavier Duncan.

Ummmm........ Most NCAA recruiters in the country would strongly disagree.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1