Official Derek Thompson Apology Thread

chrisfisher

At the start of the season, I said that there was no way that we could ever win with DT at quarterback. I said, sure he looks great in spring ball or practice, but it never translates on the game time field. I also said I hope that he proves me wrong, and, and if he did, I'd be the first to start an apology thread. Well, we are 8 - 4, and bowl bound. Derek Thompson, I apologize. I was wrong. We can and did win with you at quarterback. Thank you for proving me wrong. Congrats to this team for a wonderful season! Now let's go win that bowl game!!!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I have been Anti-DT all year and still am. The reason we are 8-4 is strictly because of our defense and with out them who knows where we would be. Our ground game won today not Thompson. He is still unathletic and lacks ball control. Yeah he is one of the top leaders in a bunch of all time passing stats but if you start as many games as he has, of course it will add up. That's great that we have won eight games and I couldn't be happier for this program. I also couldn't be happier that DT is a senior. Long live coach Mac!!!!!

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

I have been Anti-DT all year and still am. The reason we are 8-4 is strictly because of our defense and with out them who knows where we would be. Our ground game won today not Thompson. He is still unathletic and lacks ball control. Yeah he is one of the top leaders in a bunch of all time passing stats but if you start as many games as he has, of course it will add up. That's great that we have won eight games and I couldn't be happier for this program. I also couldn't be happier that DT is a senior. Long live coach Mac!!!!!

You said that Berglund looked really good in fall camp and that DT looked the same as last year. You proved to be pretty right about the latter. What about Berglund? Why didn't we see him more this year?

This! DT has been nothing above average all year. Our offense will be much better next year while I hope our defense at least stays the same.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

You said that Berglund looked really good in fall camp and that DT looked the same as last year. You proved to be pretty right about the latter. What about Berglund? Why didn't we see him more this year?

He cannot run the offense. He is a great QB when it comes to speed and arm strength, but when it comes down to audibles and reading the defense he cannot.

He cannot run the offense. He is a great QB when it comes to speed and arm strength, but when it comes down to audibles and reading the defense he cannot.

That's the stock answer, but we don't actually know why. How many audibles did DT call this year?

I just feel like we could've developed Berglund's or Williams' skills this year and won just as many, and probably more games this year. They would've progressed as the year went along but oh well. Can't complain with our results. Really was a great season and a great job by everyone involved.

• Upvote 3

That's the stock answer, but we don't actually know why. How many audibles did DT call this year?

I just feel like we could've developed Berglund's or Williams' skills this year and won just as many, and probably more games this year. They would've progressed as the year went along but oh well. Can't complain with our results. Really was a great season and a great job by everyone involved.

I do agree with this. At least at the end of games I wish we would have seen Brock instead of mini Mac. We never really saw Brock pass all year...

• Upvote 2

It's been a week. You can get rid of that god forsaken trade school avatar now.

Plan to leave it until after the CUSA championship game to remind everyone who cost us a chance at a conference title.

• Upvote 4

Congrats DT on a perfectly thrown pass down the seem that split 2 defenders on 3 rd and long that picked up a 1st down late in the 2nd qtr which allowed us to score later in the possession and be up 2 scores at the half.

Which was huge.

Wasting your internet breath.

• Upvote 1

DT has almost the exact same stats he did last year when everyone, including Mac, said we needed better QB play.

We are 8-4, and he is the QB, so he does deserve some of the credit, but we're light years better on defense and special teams...which has led to several wins on their own

• Upvote 3