Our New President and what Vegas thinks of UNT!

bdan2002

Let’s get this straight: Neal Smatresk, the popular president of UNLV, who makes close to a half-million dollars a year and is pursuing various game-changing projects, now wants to take over at a university most of us had never heard of, in a town where the largest private employer is Peterbilt trucks, the summers are hot and humid, and wailing tornado sirens are tested monthly.

The move also puts him within an hour’s drive of Sidney Lynn, his first grandchild.

And there you have it.

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2013/nov/26/why-6-1-2-pound-baby-girl-affecting-two-universiti/

• Upvote 1

That is exactly right. I had no idea how much fun it was going to be to be a grandparent. Our little eight year old grandson is one of the neatest kids in America and I'll bet every grandparent who reads this message board feels the same way about his/her grandchild or grandchildren. Ours comes to every home football game with us and has since he was six months old. It is a life changer, folks. I hope our new President enjoys grandparent hood as much as Mrs. Huff and I do. If so, he is in for a real treat.

• Upvote 2

Wow. Hey, Las Vegas ain't all that great during the daylight hours, bro. And, hot? Nevadas got that in spades as well. Humid? This ain't Houston. We're six hours from the coast. Humidity is fine here.

I'm guessing the author doesn't realize how big the DFW metroplex is these days. There are no more long stretches of nothing between Dallas and Denton.

• Upvote 4

That is exactly right. I had no idea how much fun it was going to be to be a grandparent. Our little eight year old grandson is one of the neatest kids in America and I'll bet every grandparent who reads this message board feels the same way about his/her grandchild or grandchildren. Ours comes to every home football game with us and has since he was six months old. It is a life changer, folks. I hope our new President enjoys grandparent hood as much as Mrs. Huff and I do. If so, he is in for a real treat.

Yes, Don, he is quite the young gentleman and he is lucky to have great grandparents (and parents) too.

And yall have set the right example among the the entire Mean Green Nation on how to get em' while they're young, too! :thumbsu:

GMG!

• Upvote 1

Our summers are not typically humid. In fact, they are pretty similar to Las Vegas.

Dallas is humid. Having lived in the panhandle for many years where it's hot but dry, when I came to UNT the first thing I noticed was how humid it was. Houston is worse but Dallas can be unbearable too. Texas weather sucks in general, mainly because there is no medium. You get hot summers and cold winters, and the few nice days in the fall last a couple of weeks.

• Upvote 1