Tulsa: A Must Win

UNTLifer

This is a must win game for us to salvage the good feelings this season has produced. To go to a bowl game on a two game losing streak would not be good. I expect our players to come out pissed off and ready to go. Man, I hope that expectation comes true.

• Upvote 2

Disagree. Losses are never good, but if we go in and win our bowl game and finish the season with 8 wins, we will look back at 2013 as a very successful season. Yes, we will look back at missed opportunities and think about what could have been, just like in the bowl years. But after the sting of a single loss has passed, we can appreciate the entire season for what it was.

• Upvote 1

I know 6 wins makes us eligible, but if more than 6 teams have 6 wins, does that mean one will not make it? I assume yes and the best records will go. Does that mean there is a possibility of us losing to Tulsa not making a bowl game?

There won't be more than 6 bowl eligible teams from C-USA this year. Regardless, there are also possibilities for C-USA teams to get a bowl invite from a bowl not directly tied-in to C-USa.

EDIT: Whoops, forgot about FAU. There could be. No, there will be.

Edited by Mean Green 93-98

Disagree. Losses are never good, but if we go in and win our bowl game and finish the season with 8 wins, we will look back at 2013 as a very successful season. Yes, we will look back at missed opportunities and think about what could have been, just like in the bowl years. But after the sting of a single loss has passed, we can appreciate the entire season for what it was.

The season if we were able to defeat Tulsa, would remind me of the Raging Bull line -- Jake La Motta: "You didn't get me down, Ray." This would be the first bowl season that I can recall where not one opponent including Georgia absolutely dominated us...which is a testament to our defense.

I know 6 wins makes us eligible, but if more than 6 teams have 6 wins, does that mean one will not make it? I assume yes and the best records will go. Does that mean there is a possibility of us losing to Tulsa not making a bowl game?

No, we'll go to a bowl. There are seven CUSA teams already with six wins. However, UTSA is not bowl-eligible because they are a transitional team. The only other possibility for six wins, I believe, is Florida Atlantic but they would be last in line. Plus, we have seven wins, not six, so we are guaranteed a bowl somewhere.

This is a must win game for us to salvage the good feelings this season has produced. To go to a bowl game on a two game losing streak would not be good. I expect our players to come out pissed off and ready to go. Man, I hope that expectation comes true.

Going into a bowl game on a 2 game losing streak would be tough...

Actually last week was the "must win" game,and we lost. A win against Tulsa pads our record and might effect which bowl we go to, but basically we have nothing much to play for. No Division title, no CUSA Championship,and no Liberty Bowl.While I certainly hope we beat Tulsa for the 1st time since 1969,we need to play better with nothing on the line than we did last week with everything on the line. Hard to do.

• Upvote 3