Could we possibly get passed over?

BIG DAWG

we won't get passed over. C-USA has 6 bowl tie-ins, with 6 bowl eligible teams. 7 if/when FAU beats FIU next week, and 8 counting UTSA (provisional). A bowl CAN"T skip us for UTSA and won't skip us for FAU. we're safe.

However, the possibility of getting shipped to Hawaii might've increased tonight. Say ECU (or even Marshall) wins out and beats Rice (who beats Tulane next week) in the championship game, I see the bowls going like this:

Liberty -ECU

Military- Marshall

Cotton - Rice

Hawaii - North Texas

St. Pete - MTSU

New Orleans - Tulane

I'f Cotton passes us over for Rice, then I hope St. Pete grabs us. I'd rather go there than Hawaii. Also, I don't think New Orleans passes on Tulane, plus I heard we've already communicated with CUSA that we do not want to go to the N.O. to play a former Sun Belt foe. I know this has gotten wordy, but if Rice were to win the conference championship and go to the Liberty Bowl then we'd go to the Cotton Bowl (Heart of Dallas).

• Upvote 2

The bowl pick their participants. Could someone explain to my why on earth the HoD would want Rice over us?

They want the couple of hundred thousand alums in DFW to go to their bowl game. We are going to be in the HoD.

because the HOD bowl representative today might not have been convinced that tens of thousands of alums might go to the bowl game, much less hundreds of thousands. It might very well be cold with precipitation on a New Years Day morning... they have no way of knowing that almost a month in advance. If we only draw 14-16k for a home finale Senior Day game where there's a chance to clinch the West Division, then who is to say we fill the Cotton Bowl for the HOD game. While I think the HOD is still satisfied to pick us following our Rice/UTEP games, I do have a tinge of doubt now. In my previous post, I did start the sentence with "If they pass us for Rice." I don't necessarily think it will happen, I just think it is a definite possibility that they might

This is not meant to be negative, but since the internet lacks context it might be taken that way. ...on a day when we lost to UTSA, nothing would surprise me (ie. HOD passing us over for Rice)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

because the HOD bowl representative today might not have been convinced that tens of thousands of alums might go to the bowl game, much less hundreds of thousands. It might very well be cold with precipitation on a New Years Day morning... they have no way of knowing that almost a month in advance. If we only draw 14-16k for a home finale Senior Day game where there's a chance to clinch the West Division, then who is to say we fill the Cotton Bowl for the HOD game. While I think the HOD is still satisfied to pick us following our Rice/UTEP games, I do have a tinge of doubt now. In my previous post, I did start the sentence with "If they pass us for Rice." I don't necessarily think it will happen, I just think it is a definite possibility that they might

This is not meant to be negative, but since the internet lacks context it might be taken that way. ...on a day when we lost to UTSA, nothing would surprise me (ie. HOD passing us over for Rice)

Have you forgotten that HoD was at our Rice game and saw what they travelled to DFW?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

17k UNT fans or 3 to 4k Rice fans.

I think HOD is where we end up.

If we don't get HoD, it will be disastrous for this program. It'll mean nothing in the end, this whole season. If we end up in the New Orleans or Hawaii Bowl...we're in the same spot we would've been in in the Sun Belt. We'll end up playing (and losing) to some scrub school like ULL and the season will have done nothing to improve our reputation. At all.

HoD or bust.

I think the HoD left impressed after UTEP. And I think unless we lose to Tulsa, we end up there.

• Upvote 2

If we don't get HoD, it will be disastrous for this program. It'll mean nothing in the end, this whole season. If we end up in the New Orleans or Hawaii Bowl...we're in the same spot we would've been in in the Sun Belt. We'll end up playing (and losing) to some scrub school like ULL and the season will have done nothing to improve our reputation. At all.

HoD or bust.

I think the HoD left impressed after UTEP. And I think unless we lose to Tulsa, we end up there.

We actually agree on something.

• Upvote 1

Once again, lets not get ahead of ourselves. I'm wondering if N.O. Bowl really wants a 6&6 Tulane team. It might help us bowl wise if Green Wave beat Rice in Houston, But I don't see that happening.Of course, I didn't see UTSA happening either. The Roadrunners just flat beat us, no excuses.