Glasco sidelined for key C-USA game against North Texas

Harry

UTSA junior tailback David Glasco II, who leads the Roadrunners in rushing this season, will miss Saturday's key Conference USA game against North Texas with a foot injury, head coach Larry Coker said Wednesday after practice.
Glasco was at the workout but did not practice.
"He will not make the trip," Coker said.
UTSA, 5-5 overall and 4-2 in the C-USA West Division, plays North Texas at 2:30 p.m. Saturday in Denton.
The Roadrunners trail North Texas and Rice, both 5-1 in Conference USA, by one game in the West Division race.
Glasco hurt the foot in practice on the Thursday before UTSA's game against Tulane on Nov. 9, and did not play in the Roadrunners' 10-7 victory.
Coker had hoped last week's bye would give Glasco extra time to recover from the plantar fasciitis he is suffering in the foot, but he hasn't been able to return to full workouts since getting injured.
Coker said a decision hasn't been made on who will be the starting tailback against North Texas, but indicated senior Evans Okotcha, No. 2 at the position on the depth chart, probably will get the nod over junior Brandon Armstrong.

I'd rather he play. Let's give them no excuses as to why they lost. I feel sorry for the kid, but also for our own Rex Rollins. Like Mean Green Matt said...injuries stink! Part of the game, I guess, but it stinks for these guys. They have worked too hard o have things like this happen

Glasco: Best overall runner and excellent between/off tackle. Gets better as game goes on

Okotcha: Stout back that is best running north and south as he lacks top end speed. Very good blocker and pass catcher out of backfield

Armstrong: Small (5'4) and fast who is more of a situation back. Has 3 TDs this year over 30 yards

Willimas: True Freshman and most talent. Has 2 fumbles and as a rookie and struggles in pass protection

No excuses with Glasco out. Injuries are part of the game. Looks like UNT will be without their spell back as well. UTSA's running game is very diverse. Soza and the WR group also have several TDs running the ball

Edited by Digi368
  • Upvote 4

Please explain? What type of back is he? I don't want an * on this game.

Okotcha is a bigger guy, bangs it up the middle. Glasco is not as big, but dangerous when he gets in space. As Digi said, Okotcha is also a good receiver. I think he actually led the team last year in receptions.

Regardless, as much as we swap personnel, you won't have an *. even if Glasco could go, he would probably only play 40% of the downs. Okotcha, Armstrong, Williams, and maybe Vaughn will all get plenty of touches. Williams is the back of the future. He was hurt early in the season, but he's coming on strong lately, despite two costly fumbles.

During the Tulsa game, it was amusing to hear their commentators griping about all the rotations. Late in the game, one of them said "here come's UTSA's 95th personnel package."

• Upvote 3

Glasco: Best overall runner and excellent between/off tackle. Gets better as game goes on

Okotcha: Stout back that is best running north and south as he lacks top end speed. Very good blocker and pass catcher out of backfield

Armstrong: Small (5'4) and fast who is more of a situation back. Has 3 TDs this year over 30 yards

Willimas: True Freshman and most talent. Has 2 fumbles and as a rookie and struggles in pass protection

No excuses with Glasco out. Injuries are part of the game. Looks like UNT will be without their spell back as well. UTSA's running game is very diverse. Soza and the WR group also have several TDs running the ball

Thanks for the breakdown. UTSA without their top back and UNT without arguably their most effective back. Then it comes to depth and NT definitely has the edge there with BB and the Jimmy Show.

I also like the fact their top back at this moment is a big guy without much top end speed. Rice has a big, strong back with some speed. Should we revisit how that went for them?

I'd like to point out that Peagram and Byrd were basically starter A and A1.

Both effective, Reggie was just making a few more big plays as the game wore on. Without him, we seem to have overcome that with some productivity in other areas.

Byrd is more than fine, and we have 2 guys behind him that also get better as the game goes on. We just need our OLine to keep pounding away like they have. It really seems to beat down opposing defenses and take away their fire. It sounds cliche but I haven't seen it done this effectively in years.

Our defense has yet to have their will broken. They get stronger too. Only one team has scored a 2nd half TD in Apogee all year...a ridiculous tipped ball against UTEP that fell into the WR hands behind the DB.

Edited by greenminer