Interesting Mean Green - Cowboys schedule

NorthTexan95

They absolutely are. Look at the numbers, ratings, merchandise etc. And they still do this despite being mediocre at best since 1996. They are called America's Team for a reason.

You guys don't have the best numbers, ratings or most merch sold and haven't since like 2005.

I know for a fact that the merchandise crown goes to the Steelers, then the Packers, then the Niners.

Edited by meangreener

Well, I wasn't the one who got butthurt over "lol cowboys."

The NFL needs the Cowboys to be good. Kind of pathetic that they're not. All that money and notoriety, still 8-8. So thus my "lol" comment and the wrath of butthurt.

Not butthurt(btw iPhone corrects butt hurt to butt thirst. What the hell is butt thirst) just found it ironic that a Texans fan would lol anybody. Anyway GMG BTHOOR!!!!!!!!

Some of those items they've been in the top 2 or 3 on various seasons but overall there is a reason why the Cowboys are what they are despite not being good in about 17 years.

It's ok to accept it. It's the same thing when people say the Yankees are the jewel of the MLB, Lakers to the NBA etc.

The Cowboys have only lead in sold merchandise one year since the NFL started keeping track-2008.

The Cowboys do not lead the NFL in ratings and haven't since the late 90s.

These are easily google-able facts unless you're living in denial.

The Cowboys are the most valuable team, which is just a reflection (as it says in Forbes' article) of how valuable the owner is. Doesn't mean that you lead in merch or numbers.

The Cowboys have only lead in sold merchandise one year since the NFL started keeping track-2008.

The Cowboys are the most valuable team, which is just a reflection (as it says in Forbes' article) of how valuable the owner is. Doesn't mean that you lead in merch or numbers.

You don't have a clue then.

The Cowboys are the most valuable team...there's no debate in that regardless of the owner's value.

Frankly I'm not the one living in denial. I'm not sure what you're Googling but it's not a mystery that the Cowboys are usually one of the perennial leaders in merchandise, ratings, etc. I actually know first hand with my family being in the sports apparel business for many many years. Like I said previously, there are times when they're not first or second but their might in the league is not to be ignored. It is what it is.

You don't have a clue then.

The Cowboys are the most valuable team...there's no debate in that regardless of the owner's value.

Frankly I'm not the one living in denial. I'm not sure what you're Googling but it's not a mystery that the Cowboys are usually one of the perennial leaders in merchandise, ratings, etc. I actually know first hand with my family being in the sports apparel business for many many years. Like I said previously, there are times when they're not first or second but their might in the league is not to be ignored. It is what it is.

If Jerry sold the team, the team would immediately drop in valuation. You haven't led merchandise sales since 2008. That's a fact you can't argue. Period.

If Jerry sold the team, the team would immediately drop in valuation. You haven't led merchandise sales since 2008. That's a fact you can't argue. Period.

Um actually they would not drop in valuation. Worth of a team does not factor in the value of the owner. If Mark Cuban is a billionaire, that doesn't make the Mavericks worth a billion dollars. They are separate. And can you not read? I said the Cowboys are usually amongst the top when it comes to merchandise, tv ratings etc. Typically it's a battle between Pittsburgh, GB, and Dallas but I suppose NE probably isn't far off right now. That simply cannot be denied. If they are not then please explain the amount of pub, national games they get. There is a reason why they're America's Team despite being meh since 1996.

Most valuable team is not a reflection of how valuable the owner is. If it were Seattle (Paul Allen) would win until he died. He's worth 13.5 billion. Jerry is around 6 or 7 on the list at around 2.6 billion. The billion dollar stadgum helps though.

• Upvote 1

Case Keenum is the answer. Foster is young, has 7-8 years left. Wade is an amazing DC. We've won more playoff games in our 11 years than y'all have in the last...pushing 20.

I mean, if you want to make stuff up, go ahead, but our problems are minute and easily fixed. We're not $31 million over the cap on the cusp of another 8-8 season.

Go ahead and draft another D-lineman, we'll grab one of the great college QBs in this draft as a backup plan to Keenum.

When you talk about cap room, why do you say we're 31 million over? Honest question. When I look it up it says about $118 million and that's about 5 mill short of the cap....Houston is at $116 million. Also, we will drop Ratliff's and Austin's (probably) salaries next year freeing up about 9 million.

When you talk about cap room, why do you say we're 31 million over? Honest question. When I look it up it says about $118 million and that's about 5 mill short of the cap....Houston is at $116 million. Also, we will drop Ratliff's and Austin's (probably) salaries next year freeing up about 9 million.

Spencer will be gone too. There will be a quite a bit of dead money but getting to under the cap won't be as bad as people first thought. There was a good writeup on that earlier this week I need to find.

No, my "comeback" is that the Texans weren't even a franchise when the Cowboys were winning Super Bowls, so your Super Bowls are nothing more relevant than Browns fans talking about all their pre-Super Bowl Championships.

Because even the gawdawful oilers didn't want to stay in Houston and got the F out.

The Texans will probably follow suit in another 5 years.

1) Per the OP and my reply...dammit, why didn't you post this last Monday?! Too late now...

2) Am I the only one who saw the distribution map where they did a gigantic national survey of who "your team" is, and where most other teams had mostly regional affiliation, the Cowboys were all over the place, basically almost anywhere more than 50 miles away from another team? I don't really have a "home team" because I've moved so much (aside from when I went to UNT), so I'm probably the closest to an objective party here.

3) Isn't Paul Allen the name of Jared Leto's character in American Psycho that gets an axe to the head? What an unfortunate name...