Update on Rice/Halloween game promotions...

So we all know thus far of the equivalent "Fall Festival/Halloween" type of attractions that will be under the WingZone for the game and that the AD is calling for fans to wear black -or- green (either or??).

Now we have this:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152249640388943&set=a.157954803942.147475.145253788942&type=1&theater

fjWUk07.jpg

Apogee After Dark T-shirts. Looks like about 30 seconds worth of thought and 2 minutes worth of Photoshop went into designing these...

And then.

http://meangreenpride.unt.edu/

This Halloween ditch the silly costume, and throw on you green or black gear to support UNT fight against the Rice Owls!

So wait, we don't want enterprising fans to have costumes as well?

This is making for some odd, mismatched promotions.

Edited by Christopher Walker
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

I love that they're putting forth the effort, but I wish they would have done their typical "lets the students make it" contest that they've done in the past with the Parent Weekends and such. We have so much student talent housed here, why not use it.

• Upvote 1

Honestly, I think the UNT student turnout for this game will be fine, especially if Dr. Rawlins pronoumces a decree that: "All classes show up at Apogee for one giant masters class!" :hair:

In a perfect world, I do wish our powers that be would have hooked up with the all the Denton County Chamber of Commerces as well as the one in Gainsville as to push this game since I believe it will be the east/press box side that will need the extra help for a Thursday night game. Casepoint: One of our greatest alums & contributors who doesn't reside in the Denton area gave me 2 of his tickets along with their pre-game buffet option and that because of their prior commitment to be with a very young grandson for a Halloween activity.

LIke Emmitt said in an above post, this game has been on the docket for quite awhile now whereas there was at one point more than ample time to plan something that might actually bring out more group beyond the UNT student body.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that there has been a top secret promotion going on all the time (behind the scenes) that we don't know about which will bring produce a 'lights out' crowd for our Mean Green football team. After all, this is all about our alma mater's football team and not for a couple of feathers for someone's resume hat, right?

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Bill Utter Ford is doing a Fusion Giveaway for the game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-gkALrCSMQ

How is this superb idea and promotion being marketed to the masses (who we need at Apogee every Game Day); that is, all the ones who are not member/posters of this message board or Mean Green Club members?

Great idea! First time I've heard of it.

GMG!