Before and after La. Tech game observation

Harry

It may just be me but I sensed the meangreen fans were on their knees begging for a win over the laTechsters. I sure as hell was - that game scared the dickens out of me! Now after the win, I sense a mixture of relief (to break that nasty road curse) and good old fashioned football greed. This is not an evil type of BCS type of greed. This is Greed in terms of wanting more wins; going to bigger and better bowls, getting better attendance, getting to 9 wins etc... it's actually been a LONG time since I've seen this around here and it's damn nice to see.

PS - I noticed that DT was wearing a fairly confident swagger in the 2nd half of the Tech game...really liked seeing it and believe me THE TEAM FEEDS OFF OF IT!

There was another key moment in this game -- when DT bitched out that player for not knowing where to lineup and forcing the timeout--- I don't think I'd ever seen DT get so mad about something that mattered so little. It was beautiful to see him take charge and require accountability from his teammates. Maybe we just lose a timeout but next game we lose a field goal or the game overt that mistake.

It is impossible to ignore how much DT has matured. His leadership and confidence qualities are shining so very much this season.

Now all who questioned DT prior to the season or have ever had any semblance of doubt in your mind about him during his entire career please line up, repent and show your respect! :worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy:

GMG

I hope he has enough pull now that he is the 'man' to audible out of the next dump screen pass Chico calls. 3 picks on that play to the same side of the field...don't call it again for sh!t's sake.

No doubt. EVERYONE has seen the LaLa tape, coach. EVERYONE knows it's coming. Your QB does not make good decisions when this play is called.

Bury it. Forever.

Or at least this season.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

No doubt. EVERYONE has seen the LaLa tape, coach. EVERYONE knows it's coming. Your QB does not make good decisions when this play is called.

Bury it. Forever.

Or at least this season.

I don't think anyone is expecting the Jimmerson LALa outcome every time the play is called. RB screens are normal, and if executed, are good to back off DL/LB's a little. Problem is, like you're saying, it doesn't work well for UNT. At all.

Or work in some other wrinkle off of it.

? I don't know of any wrinkles you put into a RB screen play. It's one of those all-or-nothing plays. If it's defended well, you just gotta hope your QB recognizes his best option is to throw it at the RB's feet and take the incompletion.

• Upvote 1

Bury it. Forever.

Or at least this season.

Per Vito it's gone.

" The screen pass that UNT has had picked off a couple of times this season has been forever banished from the playbook."

http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/2013/10/mccarney-presser-notes-video-coming.html/

• Upvote 5

I don't think anyone is expecting the Jimmerson LALa outcome every time the play is called. RB screens are normal, and if executed, are good to back off DL/LB's a little. Problem is, like you're saying, it doesn't work well for UNT. At all.

? I don't know of any wrinkles you put into a RB screen play. It's one of those all-or-nothing plays. If it's defended well, you just gotta hope your QB recognizes his best option is to throw it at the RB's feet and take the incompletion.

I'm going to go ahead and assume that the reason are screens never work is because we pass block so well that no lineman would ever believe that he just broke through the line that easily... so he is immediately tipped off that something is amiss...

• Upvote 1