Cool Beans will be showing the UNT game!

North Texas Shep

Liberal arts and journalism, definitely. Always the weird people, I have to get drunk to write. I don't go Riprocks and Lou's is cool but is always frat bro.

Lou's became frat?? It was always the spot the hipsters were before John Williams and Midlake opened their establishments (where I have migrated to as well), but always had a few frat folks out just to make an appearance.

That, and Nick Williams + all of the Green Brigade leadership took up Lou's as their watering hole. Though I have seen Nick at ESSC the last few weeks.

Anyway, frat bars were always the ones South of Jimmy Johns and that newer Treehouse place. Is that still the case?

Man, now I need to make a Fry visit.

Edited by Christopher Walker
  • Upvote 2

there is one bar that is predominantly "frat" that is tavern. Public house is about half and half. treehouse sees its share of diff people and Lou's is just one great diverse place. Fraternity members like myself who don't see anything wrong with people who aren't in frats loves to go to places like Lou's and hang out with a bunch of really cool people.

• Upvote 7

there is one bar that is predominantly "frat" that is tavern. Public house is about half and half. treehouse sees its share of diff people and Lou's is just one great diverse place. Fraternity members like myself who don't see anything wrong with people who aren't in frats loves to go to places like Lou's and hang out with a bunch of really cool people.

Good man. GDIs are people too.

Edited by Christopher Walker
  • Upvote 1

Man, I can't do Fry Street anymore. I am too old. That place makes me feel like the barfly version of a pedophile. Besides, the quality beers over on Oak Street are only marginally more expensive than the Bud/Miller/Coors on offer on Fry. Mind you, I'm not knocking Fry Street as a bad place, just a place where I no longer fit. But it did carry me through the lean years of grad school with the $3 tub-o-beer they had at the Tavern in the afternoons.

• Upvote 1

Lou's became frat?? It was always the spot the hipsters were before John Williams and Midlake opened their establishments (where I have migrated to as well), but always had a few frat folks out just to make an appearance.

That, and Nick Williams + all of the Green Brigade leadership took up Lou's as their watering hole. Though I have seen Nick at ESSC the last few weeks.

Anyway, frat bars were always the ones South of Jimmy Johns and that newer Treehouse place. Is that still the case?

Lou's, Tavern and Public House are the frat hangouts.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1