Four Games In: UNT football standouts so far

tcat75

Here's a season to date update for football that I thought you guys might be interested in.

http://ntdaily.com/four-games-in-standout-football-players-this-season/

The Mean Green football team has hit a break point in its schedule. After four non-conference games, certain players are already beginning to stand out from the pack.

Offensive Standout

Senior quarterback Derek Thompson has already led UNT (2-2) on comebacks against University of Ohio (3-1) and Ball State University (3-1), falling short in the former but finishing the win against Ball State.

“He is clearly the most improved player on the offense and we’ve just scratched the surface,” head coach Dan McCarney said. “He’s really confident, showing a lot of maturity in the pocket by making better decisions with the ball.”

During the offseason, Thompson slimmed down to help provide another aspect at the quarterback position by running the ball. Through four games, Thompson is third on the team in total rushing with 79 total yards, including a career-high 26-yard touchdown run that was the game-winning score.

NT Daily’s Pick: Senior wide receiver Darnell Smith leads the team in receptions, receiving yards and touchdowns. Teams have been focusing extra attention on Brelan Chancellor, but might have to rethink their strategies given Smith's production on the opposite side of the field.

Continue reading here.

• Upvote 5

Here's a season to date update for football that I thought you guys might be interested in.

http://ntdaily.com/four-games-in-standout-football-players-this-season/

I find it odd that ya'll would use the photo of Jimmerson right before he let the ball fumble away from him into Ball State's end zone...

• Upvote 1

I find it odd that ya'll would use the photo of Jimmerson right before he let the ball fumble away from him into Ball State's end zone...

I was wondering the same thing. He had just one carry in that game, which means that photo was snapped nanoseconds before that puppy popped loose. Since he's never mentioned in the story, I did feel rather curious about that photo being used.