Desmon White, Ath. 5-8 Desoto

GreenBat

I spoke to a DeSoto fan at the game and it appears UNT has a good shot at landing a smaller tight end H-back athlete from DeSoto. It appears that it may be between us and Navy. The kid can evidently play and is still somewhat under the radar.

It sounds like the defensive end we have a commit from may be able to return to play in the playoffs for DeSoto which I thought was good news. His broken leg was a clean break and should heal fairly quickly.

White has now won SportsDay’s offensive player of the week honor three times during the past two seasons. … The senior has completed 71.4 percent of his passes this season and has yet to throw an interception. …

White has no FBS offers yet. “If he was 6-2, 6-3, he’d probably be the top quarterback in the state,” Mathis said.

With as much time as they've spent scouting the Desoto team I don't think there is any way that our recruiting staff is not familiar with his ability.

I see that 247 hasn't rated him yet but they keep a composite average from other sources which they convert to their numbers and that rating is .8111. That's a 3-star athlete. They also mention that he was District Co-Offensive Player of the Year in 2012. I believe that if he were playing receiver this year, rather than quarterback, that he would already have an offer.

Offer with a chance to compete at QB, but be honest about a switch to slot receiver or 3rd down back if QB doesn't work out.

Size is the reason he is where he is. It's very high risk/reward, but why not? He has been a star at the highest level of Texas HS football.

I bet he could contribute somewhere.