New Offer- WR out of Carthage

jtm0097

• 2 weeks later...

O'Keeron Rutherford caught 3 touchdown passes in Carthage's 49-6 win over Mexia in the first round of the Texas 3A, Division 1 playoffs. Rutherford has now caught 12 touchdown passes on the year.

I'm thinking maybe our coaches are envisioning him as a TE ? I'd love to land them both

I'm thinking maybe our coaches are envisioning him as a TE ? I'd love to land them both

I asked that to big Dan either in this thread or another and he said Rutherford is a true receiver and doesn't have the frame. But who knows really?

If we can bring in Goree and Rutherford then we can give Rutherford a redshirt year to work on his route running, get his grades in order, and put some weight on that 6'4" frame. Even if he doesn't grow as big as Marcus Smith, our TE who was a converted hs receiver, he could still put some weight on and get him going over the middle.

A 6'4" 215 lb Rutherford going against linebackers and safeties could be fun to watch. For us

I asked that to big Dan either in this thread or another and he said Rutherford is a true receiver and doesn't have the frame. But who knows really?

If we can bring in Goree and Rutherford then we can give Rutherford a redshirt year to work on his route running, get his grades in order, and put some weight on that 6'4" frame. Even if he doesn't grow as big as Marcus Smith, our TE who was a converted hs receiver, he could still put some weight on and get him going over the middle.

A 6'4" 215 lb Rutherford going against linebackers and safeties could be fun to watch. For us

Didn't see that. I was thinking of Marcus Smith as well. I've never seen this kid , was just thinking of TE based on the estn article that said :

Carthage’s physical, large-framed senior receiver told ETSN.fm just after noon Tuesday that North Texas offered him. The Mean Green join ULM as Rutherford’s two offers.

Didn't see that. I was thinking of Marcus Smith as well. I've never seen this kid , was just thinking of TE based on the estn article that said :

Carthages physical, large-framed senior receiver told ETSN.fm just after noon Tuesday that North Texas offered him. The Mean Green join ULM as Rutherfords two offers.

Yup, exactly what got me thinking that. Watching the highlights I could find of him he does have a pretty slender frame. But he could still easily put on weight, but just by looking at him right now I don't think he'll ever get Marcus Smith big. But that's okay.

When I think of what we could do with Rutherford I think of Cornelius Ingram, a receiver/tight end who played with Florida during the Tebow days. Ingram had a slender frame but he bulked up and became a matchup nightmare playing tight end. Ingram was a little bigger coming out of high school than Rutherford and he was an absolute natural pass-catcher. Ingram came into Florida under 210 lbs and played his junior and senior year in the high 230s.

We wouldn't need Rutherford to be that good or big, but if we could get him in the high 210s and hopefully 220s he could add a similar wrinkle to our offense.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Rutherford is a receiver and will be a receiver. His frame is too slight to bulk up enough to be a tight end. He can't add 60 good pounds.

Think taller, less athletic Edward Pope.

How about a big receiver? Used like a tight end in the passing game over the middle but not asked to put his hand in the dirt. Maybe not adding 60 good pounds, but how about 30-40 good pounds?

I see he constantly retweets Carlos Harris. I hope that is a good sign.

And Kenny Buyers at least once. Haven't seen him retweet any other school's players. He is also coming back to Denton tomorrow with his qb Bogenschutz, UTSA commit, to watch the game.

Carthage dominated Navasota 44-14. Navasota was 10-1 and was picked by Greg Tepper of DCTF to make it all the way to the state championship game. http://www.texasfootball.com/assets/2013-Playoffs/GT3ADI.pdf

Edited by BillySee58

And Kenny Buyers at least once. Haven't seen him retweet any other school's players. He is also coming back to Denton tomorrow with his qb Bogenschutz, UTSA commit, to watch the game.

Carthage dominated Navasota 44-14. Navasota was 10-1 and was picked by Greg Tepper of DCTF to make it all the way to the state championship game. http://www.texasfootball.com/assets/2013-Playoffs/GT3ADI.pdf

Let's hope for a good showing