New Offer- WR out of Carthage

jtm0097

Quick update on Tee Goree. Did not make it in on Saturday with his qb Bogenschutz, UTSA commit, probably because of the weather, seeing as they had already freezed their butts off at their game the night before.

He also will be playing in the offense-defense All-American game in Orlando either in December or January. That bowl is about the third-highest profile high school all-star game in the country behind the under armour and army all-american bowls. There will be very good talent from all across the country at that game.

Finally, he tweeted tonight that he is very excited about his future. Tweets are tough and sometimes dangerous to read too much into. Could mean he is going to commit tomorrow, could mean something non-football related. Either way I'd stay tuned tomorrow to see what goes on here.

Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 2

Don't know what this means, but on his twitter background, he has a photo of Apogee stadium. If that's a tease, that's one mean joke. haha

Wow, good catch. Definitely didn't even see that lol. He also has been retweeting a lot of our players and no players from other schools after him. All hints lead toward us, but putting too much assurance into this happening tomorrow, much less at all, is how you can get disappointed by a teenage kid picking where he wants to go to college.

Rutherford is legit 6-5. The 6-6 and 6-7 measurements are in shoes. But yes, he is that tall in shoes.

Goree committing is really surprising. Hope UNT can keep that commitment. Those are two huge pledges for UNT.

That's good to hear about Rutherford. And Goree committing really isn't that surprising. He named us our leader and said he'd commit today. Also, on his twitter page he often retweets UNT players. Not to mention the Colorado insider of 247 predicted he would commit to us, and Colorado was one of the schools going after him the hardest.

I can't help but read your posts in a John goodman voice, haha

• Upvote 3

Hell yea!

So, we now have WR's Adams, Davis, Goree and Rutherford. I would expect that to wrap up that position in this class, and love the 3 - 3 star talents. I don't know much about Adams, but Davis and Goree really excite me, and I believe they should be able to contribute right away. Plug them in with Harris, Kidsy and Terrell and we should be fine.

• Upvote 1

Hell yea!

So, we now have WR's Adams, Davis, Goree and Rutherford. I would expect that to wrap up that position in this class, and love the 3 - 3 star talents. I don't know much about Adams, but Davis and Goree really excite me, and I believe they should be able to contribute right away. Plug them in with Harris, Kidsy and Terrell and we should be fine.

Watch Adams' highlights. You'll be excited about him as well.

I read on a 247 thread that Goree measured 6'3 3/4 at a combine and ran a 4.58 laser timed 40. That is absolutely solid.

Yeah, not to mention the kid has caught 40 touchdown passes the last two years for over 2,500 yards and still going. Against 3A competition, but pretty good 3A competition.

Size, speed, and production are all nice traits to have.

Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 1

That's good to hear about Rutherford. And Goree committing really isn't that surprising. He named us our leader and said he'd commit today. Also, on his twitter page he often retweets UNT players. Not to mention the Colorado insider of 247 predicted he would commit to us, and Colorado was one of the schools going after him the hardest.

I can't help but read your posts in a John goodman voice, haha

Excellent re: John Goodman voice.

As far as being surprised by the commitment, I mean that no other BCS schools outside of Colorado have offered him. This is a big, big steal for North Texas.

The cherry on top is that I've read a couple of places that his birthday is late August. He was 16 when his senior year started, so age-wise he's closer to a 2015 guy than a 2014 guy. Huge upside in that considering he's a barefoot 6-foot-2 guy with laser-timed sub-4.60 speed.

• Upvote 1

As far as being surprised by the commitment, I mean that no other BCS schools outside of Colorado have offered him. This is a big, big steal for North Texas.

The cherry on top is that I've read a couple of places that his birthday is late August. He was 16 when his senior year started, so age-wise he's closer to a 2015 guy than a 2014 guy. Huge upside in that considering he's a barefoot 6-foot-2 guy with laser-timed sub-4.60 speed.

More win in this post. The legitimacy of his talent and his age two more positives. Who knows, he could have a little bit of growth left. Maybe height wise, but I'm sure he'll grow weight wise being in a college weight program. But we don't need him to be Dez Bryant big or anything.

Yeah, I really don't know what gives with his offers. He has the height, speed, and has produced about as much as you'll see in high school for one of the best 3A programs in the state of Texas. No prospect is ever a sure thing, but Goree and Rutherford give Mac a lot to work with and he has developed the talent here pretty well. Just hope he utilizes them.

You're spot on there. If you'll notice on his rivals page he is listed as a soft verbal. Obviously we are his choice among the schools who have offered hence the commitment, but if he receives an offer from Baylor or Texas (who have both been in contact at one point or another) he would likely switch, at least that's how I'm looking at it.

http://sports.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/player-Terian-Goree-152367

• Upvote 1

You're spot on there. If you'll notice on his rivals page he is listed as a soft verbal. Obviously we are his choice among the schools who have offered hence the commitment, but if he receives an offer from Baylor or Texas (who have both been in contact at one point or another) he would likely switch, at least that's how I'm looking at it.

http://sports.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/player-Terian-Goree-152367

Baylor only has two receivers currently committed but Texas has six.