New Offer- WR out of Carthage

jtm0097

Between the two of them they have 118 catches for 2184 yards and 35 TD's. anyone know what Fonzale has putt up this season?

68 catches, 1421 receiving yards, 16 receiving touchdowns.

Edit: so in other words, we have the leading receiver in East Texas and the leading receiver in the DFW :)

Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 3

186 catches, 3605 yds, and 51 TD's between the 3

Yeah, they may not have the most stars between the three of them (although Davis and Goree are solid 3-stars), but I dare you to find me three receivers in any recruiting class in this state that have more production catching the ball than these three. Plus all three still going strong into the third round of the playoffs with hopefully plenty more big catches to come.

I'm very excited about Jalen Adams as well and he's going to help upgrade the position as well with his speed, maybe even the return game as well.

Edited by BillySee58

Tee Goree rated 3* by Rivals, pretty surprising actually given that the one 3* player we had committed last year(Chad Davis) was bumped to to 2*.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/northtexas/football/recruiting/player-Terian-Goree-152367

Look one post above yours :P

Haha, I completely agree. They usually reserve the bumps from 2 stars to 3 stars for kids who get late offers from and commit to big BCS programs like Texas or A&M.

That's why those schools might have 2 stars committed at some point, but by signing day they are all 3 stars and the kids that didn't get big time offers are bumped down as a result.

There is, I believe, one more re-assigning of stars after the all star games are over, a couple weeks before signing day.

Look one post above yours :P

Haha, I completely agree. They usually reserve the bumps from 2 stars to 3 stars for kids who get late offers from and commit to big BCS programs like Texas or A&M.

That's why those schools might have 2 stars committed at some point, but by signing day they are all 3 stars and the kids that didn't get big time offers are bumped down as a result.

There is, I believe, one more re-assigning of stars after the all star games are over, a couple weeks before signing day.

Whoops, my mistake.

I think a lot of our guys would be rated higher (or retain their original ranking) if we had a dedicated site on one of the 3 services with subscribers. I know we had a short lived rivals page in 2011, but it would be nice to have a site that updates with prospects as the season progresses. I just want some recruiting information, I don't want to move from GMG or use another forum. It is frustrating having very little information out there, seems like if there has ever been a need for that, it's now.

Whoops, my mistake.

I think a lot of our guys would be rated higher (or retain their original ranking) if we had a dedicated site on one of the 3 services with subscribers. I know we had a short lived rivals page in 2011, but it would be nice to have a site that updates with prospects as the season progresses. I just want some recruiting information, I don't want to move from GMG or use another forum. It is frustrating having very little information out there, seems like if there has ever been a need for that, it's now.

100% correct. We could really use those sites. It's not even about the forums, it's about having insiders and updates, including updated commit lists. We have very little say in our prospects getting good ratings. Fortunately, that isn't what matters and that isn't the reason why we're 8-4 and going to a New Year's Day bowl.

Did anyone see the newest release of East Texas stats and updated season totals?? Both of our receivers are obviously up there.. Willie Ivory is towards the top and our RB from Elkhart is number 1. He has been used a lot any fear of him being "put through the meat grinder?"

Did anyone see the newest release of East Texas stats and updated season totals?? Both of our receivers are obviously up there.. Willie Ivory is towards the top and our RB from Elkhart is number 1. He has been used a lot any fear of him being "put through the meat grinder?"

Here are the stats. Not all completely updated yet. Rutherford is 6th with 14 td receptions and Goree is 1st with 25. Goree is also tied for 6th with 6 interceptions.

http://etsn.fm/east-texas-football-statistics/?source=mobilenav

Jeffery Wilson isn't ours yet, but hopefully soon. He plays 2A football, so I wouldn't be too scared of having too many carries. Not a knock on 2A football, but he's getting tackled by 150 lb linebackers. He'll be fine, and I hope we get him.

So, just a cumulative statistical update of our three receiver commits from Texas (Goree, Rutherford, and Fonzale Davis), now that the stats are final for the Carthage boys: 229 catches, 4443 receiving yards, and 62 receiving touchdowns.

Merry Christmas guys! I bet whoever wins the qb competition will enjoy having these new toys to work with.

• Upvote 1

Curious what Adams stats were this year in OK? I think he may be overlooked in this class, but will be a great addition to the team.

Here's a link to his stats that were uploaded to maxpreps.

http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/jalen-adams/-LkGq_TwEeKZ5AAmVebBJg/gendersport/football-stats.htm

33 catches for 324 yards and 3 touchdowns his senior year. I like Adams too. He's an underrated recruit of ours because of the other receivers we have committed, but his highlights show some sweet skills (alliteration ftw).

• 3 weeks later...