When you look at the crowd today...

emmitt01

UttcxCI.jpg

This was what my truck was reading at about 45 minutes till kickoff.

My opinion on attendance today. With as few wins as we've had, plus playing a team from another time zone(although they brought more fans than I thought they would) and the lack of promotions...and of course the extreme heat,...I think our attendance was better than I thought it would be.

To all you boys and girls who sat on the student side,... and stayed at least till halftime...you pass FirefightnRick's "Tougher-Than-A-2-Dollar-Steak" exam.

As an Apogee fun fact for this time of year and for future reference,...the opponents' entire sideline is shaded at exactly 6:30 pm.,... And the sun hits right at the top of the wall just below the first row on the east side.

Rick

• Upvote 2

I guess we should have come up with that french fry promotion after all. Nice win regardless. In all honesty, I hope we get a large parking garage near the stadium ASAP, because there truly are a lot of wimps and older (and fatter) people who just aren't willing to do the long heat walk that they could avoid when we were at Fouts. We're losing out on some of our marginal fans until we either win like Hell, or the walk is more comfortable for those types.

This will not happen.

• Downvote 1

We win our opener 40-6 and I end up reading a thread full of complaints. Unfreakin' believable. Can't you all enjoy a win, DT playing extremely well etc...

Lifer: You really can't say that the complaints were unexpected given the posting history of the complainers!

On the long drive home last night I thought to myself that I would read the board today and the usual suspects would be bitching and moaning.

40 to friggin' 6 and those people can only bitch and moan - Absolutely asinine!

• Upvote 3

Remember when we were complaining that the new stadium didn't have a higher capacity of around 50,000?

I agree they should have built it at 50,000.

I don't get your point for the 18 years we have had a horrible winning percentage, we have a student body growing at around 36,000+ now.

If the school is going to take football seriously we should get back to days of old when we had a winning percentage in the mid 60s+. if we start winning we will develop fans.

But fans don't just materialize, we need lots of winning and against teams that the general public have heard of, if the school is not committed to this why are any of us even on this board?

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2