Quick hits from Mac Radio Show

Harry

Really sorry I missed...wife and I were at Sea World in San Diego with Froggy Style and That Houston Crazy...or was it GL2 Greatness...oops sorry, I mean our 2 and 3 year old grandsons...I get those mixed up as they all seem on the same maturity level....

But, all kidding aside...sounds like a great first show packed with some pretty good info. Congrats to the students for te great turnout at the pep rally. Here's hoping that the alums and fans also turn out in force.

Really apply to have tat 6-game thing answered..well, for most of us anyway.

Let's get this game on folks...be there! BE THERE!

And the award for most passive/aggressive poster on gmg.com goes to.....

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

And the award for most passive/aggressive poster on gmg.com goes to.....

And the award for he guy who has absolutely no clue what he is talking about goes to......

You just missed so badly....go back...read it again and really try to "get it". It really isn't that hard...for most folks anyway. Really trying a bit hard here....not even Dr. Phil makes this big a gaff in his psycho-TV babble.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

So who is the back up QB? I hope we don't burn Dajons redshirt to have him be the 3rd qb

Why not? You have this Means kid from Houston behind him. You redshirt him next year and have 2 years of separation between Dajon and Means.

Before you know it you've got an assembly line of qbs with a new one every 2 years. If we need help now, we need to use who we can.

• Upvote 1

Less than one week till gameday!!! Anyone have any word on Anthony Wallace (LB transfer from Oregon)? I have yet to hear about him or find him on the roster.

All I know is that he is already going to UNT but not sure why he isn't yet included in the roster.

Sounds like it will be treated like BB's transfer last year.

Oh!?!

Did he mention any other "rivalry trophies"?

If not, this is good. This is very good.

He just said that he has been talking to several AD's. I think that 1 or 2 trophies with some real meaning and rivalry would be great. Edited by EastTexasMG
  • Upvote 2

Why not? You have this Means kid from Houston behind him. You redshirt him next year and have 2 years of separation between Dajon and Means.

Before you know it you've got an assembly line of qbs with a new one every 2 years. If we need help now, we need to use who we can.

How often do you see the 3rd string QB in the game? Maybe a few plays to run a different package. There would be no point in buring a redshirt of what were hearing is the future QB for 2 plays a game. I'd rather have 4 full years of someone being the starting QB compared to 3 years and 1 year of a few plays here and there. Thats how you build a QB pipeline. And who's to say Means or any other QB we take in the future will be worth a damn. We haven't exactly had a lot of success in that department over the last 10 yrs.

Train would be a good trip.

I posted last year when it was announced that UTSA would be in the conference with us that a train trip would be very possible. Especially since the AMTRAK station in SA is right across the street from the Alamo Dome.....with several hotels within walking distance.

We're going to have to work on that. "Battle of the border" is too generic. Maybe something with a food theme (Cajun vs BBQ...or Mexican) or music theme,(zydeco vs jazz).

I don't think those things really pertain to that part of Louisiana--that's more Lafayette and South Louisiana. Maybe something to do with the two greatest Steelers, and the two greatest players from our respective schools--Mean Joe and Terry Bradshaw?

Rivalry trophy I'd like to see. UNT v MTSU. Davy Crockett bowl. Coon skin cap.

Davy Crockett identifies as a Tennessean, but is most noted for the battle of the Alamo, and the phrase, "You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas." I know the schools who's colors are orange might take offense, but they are not conference mates. If we continue the conference alignment with MTSU, then I think this "trophy" fits pretty well.

Granted, Davy Crockett may have never been to Dallas, and this trophy might better be served by UTSA (home of the Alamo), but we already have a little history with that school.

My two cents.

• Upvote 1

Rivalry trophy I'd like to see. UNT v MTSU. Davy Crockett bowl. Coon skin cap.

Davy Crockett identifies as a Tennessean, but is most noted for the battle of the Alamo, and the phrase, "You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas." I know the schools who's colors are orange might take offense, but they are not conference mates. If we continue the conference alignment with MTSU, then I think this "trophy" fits pretty well.

Granted, Davy Crockett may have never been to Dallas, and this trophy might better be served by UTSA (home of the Alamo), but we already have a little history with that school.

My two cents.

Sounds good to me. The only problem is that in the future, we will not be playing each other every year. Assuming we'll be rotating one opponent from C-USA East each season, we'll be playing once every 7 years.

• Upvote 1

Believe it when it happens. It's been said before and then we got 5 home games last year.

We will buy a game next year (probably from a FCS team), but 2015 looks like another 5 game home season.

Agree hopefully RV sticks to this promise unlike the last one on the same subject

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

With what is still a new and most functional fan friendly stadium on campus, I really do think Rick V has been "highly" encouraged to take advantage of that and have a minimum of 6 home games every year with that (possible) edict coming from Prez' Lane Rawlins and his BOR's. I don't think RV purposefully has planned for 5 any year but you do have to fulfill home and home contracts which might leave you short 1 game of 6 at times.

I think AD/RV will have to buy a school or 2 out to get us to 6 home games during any future seasons where we might only have 5 scheduled at this time.

Just my .02 on the subject.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

With what is still a new and most functional fan friendly stadium on campus, I really do think Rick V has been "highly" encouraged to take advantage of that and have a minimum of 6 home games every year with that (possible) edict coming from Prez' Lane Rawlins and his BOR's. I don't think RV purposefully has planned for 5 any year but you do have to fulfill home and home contracts which might leave you short 1 game of 6 at times.

I think AD/RV will have to buy a school or 2 out to get us to 6 home games during any future seasons where we might only have 5 scheduled at this time.

Just my .02 on the subject.

GMG!

Why would you need to "encourage" your AD to schedule home games?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I didn't know they just handed out the Ulys Knight Spirit Award to guys who had no clue what they were talking about...

Good God almighty...please...please explain what that award has to do with what I am talking about? Looks like you came in at the middle of a movie and jumped right to a conclusion that is in no way inferred or stated in any way shape or form. If you must stick your 2 cents worth into a situation between two posters, at least TRY to figure out the context of which you are speaking. Good God Almighty!

And...have you ever even read the qualifications for the Ulysses Knight Spirit Award? No where in it is there any mention of one's level of intelligence. What one knows or does not know is not a part of the criteria for this award. It is a spirit award as the name implies...not an award handed out by the Mensa Society. Good grief, man....what were you thinking? Or were you at all? Looks to me like you just felt like you needed to get in a personal gig...and failed miserably.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Good God almighty...please...please explain what that award has to do with what I am talking about? Looks like you came in at the middle of a movie and jumped right to a conclusion that is in no way inferred or stated in any way shape or form. If you must stick your 2 cents worth into a situation between two posters, at least TRY to figure out the context of which you are speaking. Good God Almighty!

And...have you ever even read the qualifications for the Ulysses Knight Spirit Award? No where in it is there any mention of one's level of intelligence. What one knows or does not know is not a part of the criteria for this award. It is a spirit award as the name implies...not an award handed out by the Mensa Society. Good grief, man....what were you thinking? Or were you at all? Looks to me like you just felt like you needed to get in a personal gig...and failed miserably.

The bad news: You are unintentionally hilarious.

The good news: If "having no clue" does get you that award, your chances of winning are spectacular.

uKL8tJg.gif

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

The bad news: You are unintentionally hilarious.

The good news: If "having no clue" does get you that award, your chances of winning are spectacular.

uKL8tJg.gif

Thanks...it would be an honor.

The tenor and tone of your posts says a great deal about you. You still have not read the criteria for that award. In your case, however, one can be well assured that ignorance is definitely bliss.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1