What is going on at SMU?

ScottC

One of my co-workers, an SMU alum, just told me that the #2 basketball recruit in the country, Muday I believe, is deciding between SMU and Kentucky on ESPN tomorrow night. A lot of the experts are leaning towards it being SMU. I wish we could've talked Larry Brown to come to La Tech.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

One of my co-workers, an SMU alum, just told me that the #2 basketball recruit in the country, Muday I believe, is deciding between SMU and Kentucky on ESPN tomorrow night. A lot of the experts are leaning towards it being SMU. I wish we could've talked Larry Brown to come to La Tech.

SMU has a very talented , deep team this year. Anything under 20 wins should be a disappointment for them

• Upvote 2

Ask this question in about three years. By then Larry Brown will have left, the NCAA will find the receipts for these players, and SMU will forfeit a conference title or two.

In the meantime our coaches are cleaning up with the local talent.

Edited by emmitt01
  • Upvote 3

In the meantime our coaches are cleaning up with the local talent.

Define local as regards to basketball..because the football folks seem to think local is only, Ryan, Guyer, Denton High and, for some unknown reason, Lake Dallas. Dallas and Ft. Worth area players don't count. Odd, but such are the football experts on GMG.Com.

Does Dallas and Ft, Worth count count for local when it comes to kids wanting to play at UNT? I must keep all this straight because we are told over and over that local kids won't play for UNT...thus the definition of local becomes so very critical to discussions here.

• Upvote 2

5 star prospect Emmanuel Mudiay is expected to announce his SMU commitment today. Maybe a 1 in done prospect.

They are probably happy with their decision to hire Brown over Benford.

Frazier is better than Jordan, but SMU has basically assembled in 2 yrs what JJ put together in 11.

SMU is where UNT was last year at this time.

If a very good local kid doesn't sign with UNT, I'm hoping they sign with SMU. It's good for Dallas and good for UNT. So, I'm hoping Mudiay signs with SMU if for only 1 year. Mudiay is a very good player but better person. Keith Frazier is also one and done so they won't play together. I expect several more underclassmen to sign on with the ponies. Dallas is home to the best crop of big men in a long time.

Let's get the Ponies on the schedule, beat them, and all the attention switches to UNT.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

If a very good local kid doesn't sign with UNT, I'm hoping they sign with SMU. It's good for Dallas and good for UNT. So, I'm hoping Mudiay signs with SMU if for only 1 year. Mudiay is a very good player but better person. Keith Frazier is also one and done so they won't play together. I expect several more underclassmen to sign on with the ponies. Dallas is home to the best crop of big men in a long time.

Let's get the Ponies on the schedule, beat them, and all the attention switches to UNT.

Just give me the local Kenny Lyons Jr and I'll be happy

Haven't checked the site in a while, but looks like it's the same old thing, SMU bashing. You make yourself look petty, everytime the excuse of "SMU is paying", anytime they have success.

I call bs on not having checked on this "site in a while". You've probably just been waiting to say this.

Boom, roasted.

Edited by cdizzle86
  • Upvote 1

Define local as regards to basketball..because the football folks seem to think local is only, Ryan, Guyer, Denton High and, for some unknown reason, Lake Dallas. Dallas and Ft. Worth area players don't count. Odd, but such are the football experts on GMG.Com.

Does Dallas and Ft, Worth count count for local when it comes to kids wanting to play at UNT? I must keep all this straight because we are told over and over that local kids won't play for UNT...thus the definition of local becomes so very critical to discussions here.

apologies for not understanding your comment in the other thread

Haven't checked the site in a while, but looks like it's the same old thing, SMU bashing. You make yourself look petty, everytime the excuse of "SMU is paying", anytime they have success.

Times slow on the Marble Falls fan board? Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 2

5 star prospect Emmanuel Mudiay is expected to announce his SMU commitment today. Maybe a 1 in done prospect.

They are probably happy with their decision to hire Brown over Benford.

This may very well be the most obvious sentence ever uttered on this website in the history of posting...

Larry Brown got SMU Tim Jankovich for their future coach, an increased interest in SMU hoops from both a media and fanbase standpoint, and now they have some great talent coming in.

We got Tony Benford for AT LEAST 3 more years, lost any interest that we had slowly built up over a decade, lost our most talented player in the school's history, and have seen a lot of players leave the team.

Its not a tough question to answer.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1