QBs in practice...any news?

BIG DAWG

And, yet...some find it appropriate to treat other Mean Green supporters that way today simply because they disagree on some points. Interesting. One would think such personal experiences would teach one something. Guess not.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

And, yet...some find it appropriate to treat other Mean Green supporters that way today simply because they disagree on some points. Interesting. One would think such personal experiences would teach one something. Guess not.

No, there was a lesson learned when ONE yells up to another's 7 year old daughter with an innapropriate question just to further his side of his arguement....

That lesson was RESTRAINT.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

LOL....I'm sure I am and I could care less, which seems to be lost on you.

I was the only one here bitching about our AD besmirching our school by shoving Burnt Orange and Blue down our throats 17 years ago. And weak-kneed, yellow belly ass kissers who marched along with them lock step came on Gmg.com calling me all sorts of names because they were all convinced that the same group who disallowed tailgating...KNEW WHAT THEY WERE DOING! The attacks on me got heated to the point of wishing for my death,... which I wouldn't doubt still thrives today.

...."I hope in his next fire FFR dies in a collapse and I can go see his little boy crying at his funeral then afterward I can go piss on his grave"....

Later on, 5 years maybe, the powers that be from Dr. Pohl's office admitted that inserting Blue and Orange was a terrible marketing mistake and promised we would never do that again.

So to hear from the likes of you that I'm the butt of jokes because my opinion again isnt a popular one tells me I'm doing something right.

Maybe sometime soon we will start to see some changes to where our program values the customer and does everything it can to cultivate and grow like some of the successful programs do.

Rick

Jesus Christ.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

We have nothing to go on but generica coach speak americana... Its fun. We are all very very excited to gets us some football...

FFR, I'd love to go up and watch some practice too... if I didn't have a full time job and and wife and 3 kids... I bet you could sneak around and watch from a distance if you really wanted to and invested in some binoculars.... at this point, all I have is vito vids and blog entries...

Last couple of years has left us all wanting more... the troy game and the western ky games come to mind that work against DT. 4 and 8. I really hope that IF....and that is a ginmormous IF... we ended up with .500(my prediction by the way...with no justification other than I am just tired of expecting and seeing less) we need to give some praise to DT since we seem to be putting most of the blame on him... I'm not saying he is not atleast partially responsible in any way...but man, he was both good and bad at times last season.

Of course, all our rooting and wishing for BB or DW or DT or even AM(aka mini-mac) is all silliness... as much as it sounds silly, I totally trust mac and chico at this point. Well, what other choice do we have at this point? I bought my season tickets, and I can't wait to tailgate and see me some mean green football...Lets just hope that it is a bit meaner than in the recent past.

I am personally rooting for whomever wins all the starting jobs... Can't Wait! Go Positionional Comptetition! Go Depth! Go GMG!!!!!!

Aug 31st can't get here quickly enough.

Edited by SHOSS

Whats the qb situation at UH? Im a Coog, but now I am following both UH and UNT. Very similar sitations in my opinion. Piland is not good. Most fans want a change. I dont see why you come on this forum and try to get people riled up.

A UNT fan can easily go on coogfans and do the same thing and say deal with it. Im on coogfans too, so I get it. It sucks over there. But because our board is dead, you wanna troll another team? didnt you attend UNT? Why hate?

I would have responded sooner but work has been killing me as of lately. Anyway...

To compare our qb situation to UNT's is downright insulting. Piland could come to Denton tomorrow and be named the starter shortly after.

UNT has no viable options at qb, their situation is basically who stinks the least. In our case, we brought in highly recruited O'Korn, one of the top JUCO qbs in the country in Cosh and moderately recruited Ward. All of them in addition to Kohlhausen, have been pushing for the starting spot. Unlike UNT, we have numerous options as to who gets under center. I agree that Piland isn't one of the better quarterbacks we've had over the years but he's light years better than the guys under center in Denton.

Sure, a UNT fan or any school for that manner, considering we do have a lot of Big 12 guys there, can post on Coogfans. You know as well as I do that the other Coogs are a lot meaner and more aggressive than I am. (Especially when considering that I'm not really mean at all) and knowing how thin skinned a lot of folks around GMG are, said poster would be ran off of the site by them within a matter of days if not hours. Just like all of the others who tried to do that.

Yes, I used to be one of them when I was called Eagle Green. After my defection (inb4 Emmitt says I failed out again because he can't come up with anything else) I returned and saw the cesspool that is GMG and what it has become save for a handful of posters.

I never said I hated UNT, quite the opposite plus I will always have a soft spot for UNT and Denton in my heart...GMG not so much.

By the way, we have 2 more practices that are going to be open to the public.

http://www.uhcougars.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/081113aaa.html

Edited by Cougar King
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

I would have responded sooner but work has been killing me as of lately. Anyway...

Noticed it has been raining quite a bit down there. Guess those lawns got backed up.

995444_10201652112893224_1219088606_n.jp

The above ad must be comforting to those attending III Ward U.

Edited by UNTLifer

To compare our qb situation to UNT's is downright insulting. Piland could come to Denton tomorrow and be named the starter shortly after.

UNT has no viable options at qb, their situation is basically who stinks the least. In our case, we brought in highly recruited O'Korn, one of the top JUCO qbs in the country in Cosh and moderately recruited Ward. All of them in addition to Kohlhausen, have been pushing for the starting spot. Unlike UNT, we have numerous options as to who gets under center. I agree that Piland isn't one of the better quarterbacks we've had over the years but he's light years better than the guys under center in Denton.

You are really setting a high bar with that first sentence. Congratulations on being able to have a QB on your team that is better than a team with a combined record of 22-73 in the last 8 years combined. A fan of a school that was in the SWC and is now in the AAC is scoreboarding a school with much less resources and pedigree, that has played the last 35 years in the SLC as a 1-aa school, the Big West, or the Sun Belt, along with a few years as an independent where schools like yours refused to allow us the chance to play in a league with you. What a great guy you are--I bet UH loves you representing them on another teams's fan site that you don't play anytime soon.

Most of us wouldn't ever dream of going to NEw Mexico State's fan site and scoreboarding them about their program being bad. They wouldn't need our reminders--plus, it comes off as extreme douche to do it.

I suspect that you've never posted on texags.com or shaggybevo.com, though, about how great the Coogs are. Funny how that works when you aren't even close to being either of those programs. Come to think of it, I doubt you ever post at killerfrogs.com or raiderpower.com, either. It sucks to be left behind, doesn't it. Maybe the future will work out for you to get into Division 4, but as time goes by and the verbal outrage form the Big Money Schools and their media buddies talk about pulling away from the rest of us (UH included), the more I realize that UH won't have a place at that table, either. Which is very ironic...

Since you basically won't be any better off than UNT once it happens. Enjoy that for a second--I know I am.

• Upvote 1

You are really setting a high bar with that first sentence. Congratulations on being able to have a QB on your team that is better than a team with a combined record of 22-73 in the last 8 years combined. A fan of a school that was in the SWC and is now in the AAC is scoreboarding a school with much less resources and pedigree, that has played the last 35 years in the SLC as a 1-aa school, the Big West, or the Sun Belt, along with a few years as an independent where schools like yours refused to allow us the chance to play in a league with you. What a great guy you are--I bet UH loves you representing them on another teams's fan site that you don't play anytime soon.

Most of us wouldn't ever dream of going to NEw Mexico State's fan site and scoreboarding them about their program being bad. They wouldn't need our reminders--plus, it comes off as extreme douche to do it.

I suspect that you've never posted on texags.com or shaggybevo.com, though, about how great the Coogs are. Funny how that works when you aren't even close to being either of those programs. Come to think of it, I doubt you ever post at killerfrogs.com or raiderpower.com, either. It sucks to be left behind, doesn't it. Maybe the future will work out for you to get into Division 4, but as time goes by and the verbal outrage form the Big Money Schools and their media buddies talk about pulling away from the rest of us (UH included), the more I realize that UH won't have a place at that table, either. Which is very ironic...

Since you basically won't be any better off than UNT once it happens. Enjoy that for a second--I know I am.

might I recommend the ignore function rather than a useless back and forth? just my 2 cents... gmg

• Upvote 1

I know, I wished people would let coach Mac make his own mind up and if practices are closed then practices are closed.

Of course. But that isn't the point I have been making, which is despite what a few here claim, that there is no value in open practice/scrimmage, other programs...(and it appears maybe even MOST programs)...and their fans believe there is.

Tell me Im wrong, that that there is no value to it and I'll show you there is with example after example after example.

Rick

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1