NBA Mock Draft has Tony Mitchell to Knicks #24

Harry

I would love to see him drop to 28 and come play for the Spurs. I know most of y'all hate the Spurs, but Greg Popovich and Tim Duncan would have such a positive impact on his career.

Not a Spurs fan either, but that might be Tony's best NBA fit: as a compliment to a dominant 5.

Give him a solid 1 and 5, and he could be an incredible weapon for a coach to put between the 2 - 4 spots.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

1. Flip Saunders worked out Mitchell on his visit to Minnesota and left impressed, sources tell Y! Make no mistake: He has high-lottery gifts.

2. Some are shying away from North Texas forward Tony Mitchell, but he could find a landing spot w/ Minnesota at No. 26, league sources tell Y!

No he doesnt replace Leonard's role on the Spurs. Leonard is more of a scoring threat than Tony would be, and Leonard never would fit at the 4. Tony is a tweener (3-4) who will excell in a system that pushes the tempo. Would be a great fit for the Spurs. He needs a good strong orginzation to help mold him.

I could see him failling to the second round based on a lot of org scared of his work ethic and character. Hard to believe at one time he was a top 10 pick. Im going to say he goes no sooner than 20 and no later than 38.