Christian Beard Midway (Waco) OL

We will have ten linemen after the three four-year starters leave after next year...Kaydon Kirby, Micah Thompson, Ryan Rentfro, Connor Trussell, Trevor Melugin, Harrison Sorge, Travis Ellard, Cody Nelson, Dominick Walker, and Michael Banogu. The first six are on the travel squad now so thay likely have a future. Ellard may be also. Nelson and Walker are being redshirted. Banogu is a transfer from some Arkansas college and I have no idea what, if anything, he has been promised.

There are four uncommitted highly-rated linemen that we have a shot at...Corey Clement (Mesa AZ CC), Christian Beard (Waco Midway), Cole Anderson (League City Clear Falls) and Brad Lundblade (Argyle Liberty Christian).

Kirby, since he is a starter and the only center is safe but we will definitely need a backup in this class as McKinney graduates next year. I believe that Ellard may have some experience at that position and of the recruits I think that Lundblade can play center. So, if Travis Ellard is not considered a FBS center we will need to recruit one.

Of the four on the board, Beard is the lowest rated but the difference is slight. It's highly unlikely that we can get all four so we just need to be careful here. I like good linemen but the coaching staff seems to prefer good, experienced linemen, I trust Mike Simmonds far more than me or anyone else on this board to make the call.

Edited by GrayEagle

We will have ten linemen after the three four-year starters leave after next year...Kaydon Kirby, Micah Thompson, Ryan Rentfro, Connor Trussell, Trevor Melugin, Harrison Sorge, Travis Ellard, Cody Nelson, Dominick Walker, and Michael Banogu. The first six are on the travel squad now so thay likely have a future. Ellard may be also. Nelson and Walker are being redshirted. Banogu is a transfer from some Arkansas college and I have no idea what, if anything, he has been promised.

There are four uncommitted highly-rated linemen that we have a shot at...Corey Clement (Mesa AZ CC), Christian Beard (Waco Midway), Cole Anderson (League City Clear Falls) and Brad Lundblade (Argyle Liberty Christian).

Kirby, since he is a starter and the only center is safe but we will definitely need a backup in this class as McKinney graduates next year. I believe that Ellard may have some experience at that position and of the recruits I think that Lundblade can play center. So, if Travis Ellard is not considered a FBS center we will need to recruit one.

Of the four on the board, Beard is the lowest rated but the difference is slight. It's highly unlikely that we can get all four so we just need to be careful here. I like good linemen but the coaching staff seems to prefer good, experienced linemen, I trust Mike Simmonds far more than me or anyone else on this board to make the call.

Isn't the kid from Pilot Point still on the team ?

• 1 month later...

Not sure, but a buddy of mine who coaches at Lundblade's school told me that Toledo informed Lundblade he was their #1 recruit. I am sure everywhere lies and tells people things like that. If toledo pulled those two in they would have two very promising young lineman.

I would think that he's the #1 undergrad OL on our board if we're no longer being considered by Brad Lundblade. There is a highly-rated Juco that would be great that we could possibly get and there could be greater need at another position to consider. I hope that we get him. I see a lot of potential.

Based on the comments in Vito's blog, we are no longer after OL's. Looks like Miles is our one and only this year.

That makes no sense. We only have 2 true freshman O-linemen on scholarship. That will leave us two classes with a total of 3 scholarship O-linemen, assuming everyone sticks around.

I'm a little thrown off by having 2 QB's in this class. I'd rather see 1 QB and the other ship go to OL or DL

Before things got kicked off this recruiting season, I wondered if we would even sign one QB. I thought we might be pretty set with Dajon, Brock, and Andy. But we've used two ships on QBs, 4 on WRs, 4 on LBs, 3 on DBs. . . . it seems we may have left ourselves a little short in the trenches this class.

I understand the need for the WR's, It seems like we sign 4 LBs every year. It just seems like we need more linemen

I mostly agree on the WRs; the fact that we sign 4 LBs every year might suggest that it is not a pressing need this year. But the fact is, if we want more linemen and we only have 19 ships to give, we have to take it from somewhere.

The only thing I don't understand about the WRs is that we are a "run first" team.

But...having seen the number of WRs not pan out since 2007...maybe the idea is to get as many as you can and hope one or two ends up being able to make plays for you by the time they graduate.

Still, would have liked to see 2/3 linemen on both sides of the ball.

The only thing I don't understand about the WRs is that we are a "run first" team.

But...having seen the number of WRs not pan out since 2007...maybe the idea is to get as many as you can and hope one or two ends up being able to make plays for you by the time they graduate.

Still, would have liked to see 2/3 linemen on both sides of the ball.

If I am counting correctly, we have 2 OL and 2 DL so far this class, correct?