official CUSA game change thingy

THOR

Can't say that this makes me happy. I think we got moved to a bad night for people with families (like me) to get on TV that, because of other events, people aren't likely to watch. I hope the students show up in large numbers, or it could look bad to the people who actually do tune in to the broadcast.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Can't say that this makes me happy. I think we got moved to a bad night for people with families (like me) to get on TV that, because of other events, people aren't likely to watch. I hope the students show up in large numbers, or it could look bad to the people who actually do tune in to the broadcast.

Exactly how I feel. Unless we're having some miracle season there won't be more than 18K at this game. AND I'm guessing Halloween isn't the biggest night of the year to watch football on TV

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Exactly how I feel. Unless we're having some miracle season there won't be more than 18K at this game. AND I'm guessing Halloween isn't the biggest night of the year to watch football on TV

I think the students proved that they will show up in good numbers in the nationally televised La La game. And that is mostly what matters because it's the side everyone sees. I thought that was a real nice bright spot for the program last year, I got a lot of positive comments from outsiders on that.

This will avoid embarrassment only if it is promoted properly. Not "come out to the game cuz it's gonna be on tv" bu. actually promoted with good reason not to stay home. Until I see evidence to the contrary I'm not gonna hold my breath.

They should build a really scary haunted house on the inside of Fouts. Very little decoration costs.

This will avoid embarrassment only if it is promoted properly. Not "come out to the game cuz it's gonna be on tv" bu. actually promoted with good reason not to stay home. Until I see evidence to the contrary I'm not gonna hold my breath.

What will matter most is the W-L column. If we aren't doing well, Apogee could be a ghost town.

• Upvote 3

This.

• Upvote 1

1) The joke about the Fouts Haunted House is actually a decent idea. We had a good one at Bruce Hall back in the day...if that's still the case, maybe they could be convinced to move it somewhere with better room for the long lines? There's plenty more that could be done in the storage and locker room spaces than could be done in the practice mods and laundry areas in Bruce's bottom floor. Give the crazy people more room and attention to be crazy? Yeah, most of us would have been all over that.

2) If we were back home, I'd be all over the idea of bringing the kids to a tailgate trick-or-treat. You know how some malls, churches, etc. do it and you sometimes get way better stuff that way, like ice cream cones and comic books? Do it well, and promote it to alums and Dentonites, and you could get a couple hundred FAMILIES (read: at least 1K more in attendance).

3) Costume contest with great prizes is a MUST!

Think about the vendors involved too...Beth Marie's could give out a coupon for a free scoop for kids (and of course parents would want some of that goodness when they went to redeem it), etc.

So here's the big question...if the AD isn't planning anything like this, would they let somebody else be the "Halloween Tailgate Coordinator" or something like that? And if so...who's in town that could do it? Grrr I hate being so far away because I'd jump on this in a second if I was there and could get approval to do it.

Edited by JesseMartin
  • Upvote 1