C-USA Makes Three Date Changes on 2013 Football Schedule

Harry

Conference USA has announced dates changes for three games on the 2013 football schedule to accommodate television broadcasts.

Florida Atlantic at East Carolina, which was previously scheduled for Saturday, Sept. 7, has been moved to Thursday, Sept. 5. This will be the first conference game of the season for both teams and first for FAU as a C-USA member.

The second game that has changed is Tulane at Louisiana Tech. It has also been moved up two days to Thursday, Sept. 12.

The third and final date change affects the Florida International at Florida Atlantic game. It has been moved up one day to Friday, Nov. 29, which is the day after Thanksgiving and also known as “Black Friday.”

The 2013 C-USA Football Schedule was released back on January 30. The conference welcomes new members Florida Atlantic, Florida International, Louisiana Tech, Middle Tennessee, North Texas, and UTSA.

Houston, Memphis, SMU, and UCF have each left Conference USA to join the Big East.

Read more: http://www.fbschedules.com/2013/04/c-usa-three-date-changes-2013-football-schedule/

So, does that make it official that we're NOT playing on halloween?

I was looking forward to that Halloween game. Of course, so much of what I look forward to in UNT athletics seems to turn to dust - even the smallest things. Our luck just has to change eventually.
  • Upvote 1

I am really not sure if we're playing on Halloween.... I see nothing official on the CUSA site about it, but I think on the Mean Green Sports website season ticket renewal page it says we have a home game on Oct 31... Additionally I was at E Z Check #4 this morning on Eagle/Bernard and they had a printed sign on a cooler in there with our 2013 schedule and whatdoyaknow it also said we have a game on Oct 31.

• Upvote 1

I am really not sure if we're playing on Halloween.... I see nothing official on the CUSA site about it, but I think on the Mean Green Sports website season ticket renewal page it says we have a home game on Oct 31... Additionally I was at E Z Check #4 this morning on Eagle/Bernard and they had a printed sign on a cooler in there with our 2013 schedule and whatdoyaknow it also said we have a game on Oct 31.

Makes me wonder if the athletic department has let Rice know we expect them here on Halloween?

• Upvote 3

I sent a note to a friend in the Athletic Department today. He said that the shift of the game to Halloween evening has been discussed but is not yet a done deal. He said that like in so many other cases we are waiting for some other dominoes to fall. The Pac 12 apparently has some decision to make that affects our game. I am not sure how that works, but apparently it is the case. The Conference USA athletic directors meet soon and the hope is that a decision can be made at that time. As soon as it becomes official - if it does - the athletic department will announce it.

• Upvote 2

I sent a note to a friend in the Athletic Department today. He said that the shift of the game to Halloween evening has been discussed but is not yet a done deal. He said that like in so many other cases we are waiting for some other dominoes to fall. The Pac 12 apparently has some decision to make that affects our game. I am not sure how that works, but apparently it is the case. The Conference USA athletic directors meet soon and the hope is that a decision can be made at that time. As soon as it becomes official - if it does - the athletic department will announce it.

Like via mass email and on the website?

• Upvote 1