Texas Tech Staff Let Go

H-towngreen

Tech is in Kimball's Keith Frazier's final three. (Decision will be made sooner than later) Tech is keeping Walker around in hopes of landing the 5-star recruit. Chris Davis' brother (Big E) is very much involved in the process where there are AAU ties (to Walker)

I expect Frazier to sign with SMU.

Edited by Cooley

HC was not let go with the rest of the staff and is said to still be in the running for the HC job. Interesting. Everyone down to the video guy is let go and the HC stays.

Pretty interesting. Don't know if I have seen this happen before. Should we say..."only at Texas Tech"?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

HC was not let go with the rest of the staff and is said to still be in the running for the HC job. Interesting. Everyone down to the video guy is let go and the HC stays.

Pretty interesting. Don't know if I have seen this happen before. Should we say..."only at Texas Tech"?

Come on now. You should know as well as any of us that blaming everyone BUT the head coach for his failings isn't unique.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

This is the truest difference between a university with money and one without it. Now, whether we have the funds or not is up to debate, but this is the reason I didn't like the Benford hire. Who here doesn't think that if he could've done the job like we expected instead of being outcoached by your below-level YMCA coach, that Tech wouldn't have easily hired him away?

This hire was suspect at the beginning, but now it has proven to be disastrous. And there is absolutely nothing that we, as fans, can do about it. We will see Benford coaching here for at least two more years, maybe even three. Maybe we will see him turn into a great coach, like Andrew tells us he will be, but that would be a miracluous turnaround if that occurred. We have seen this horror movie before--it was the Trilli Years. Everything points to us seeing a sequel.

I don't know what the please is for. If you think Tech will have anything to do with Benford, you are dreaming.

Likewise, if you think UNT will act like a real FBS university and correct a mistake, you are dreaming.

Of course it totally depends on who they hire at HC, but I wouldn't completely rule out their hiring him as an assistant. Let us hope that he suddenly has some kind of a HUGE incentive to move back toward home ASAP.

At the very least that could help us in a negotiated buyout scenario, since it's highly unlikely that he would voluntarily give up the position and relative big bucks that he's chewing on here. I guess a perfect timing dream like that is about all we have to hang our hats on at the moment.

Come on now. You should know as well as any of us that blaming everyone BUT the head coach for his failings isn't unique.

So, you think Frazier was a failure this year at Tech? Interesting. I believe he did a credible job given all that he was dealing with at Tech this year and should at least be given the opportunity to be interviewed for the HC position. A couple of the Tech guys I talk with feel the same as I do regarding what he was able to do this year...on and off the court. I guess the folks agree more with my thinking as they did reatin him and he is said to be a "final three" HC candidate. But, it's Tech's call. They will do what they think is in the best interests of Texas Tech.

But, am sure they would welcome your expertise and opinions of their abilities....give them a call.

drex

BS on your Jerry Moore statement. Do you know the man? Do you know what was going on at NT during Jerry's time at NT?

Jerry did not mess up North Texas football!!!!! Maybe Hayden was right on getting out when he could.

Did you see how the NT atheltic department treated Fry's CB's Coach Bill Brassier (sp?). Brassier was highly recommended by Fry to

the NT Athletic department to be the next HFC. Brassier finaly gave up waiting, and told the AD screw you, I am going to Iowa with Hayen.

So where do you get off saying Jerry ruined NT football? There is alot to the Jerry Moore story that will remain buried behind the scenes.

Jerry is solid Christain man, strong beliefs for family, community, and his players, besides being one very good college coach.

Jerry Moore has won more championships and coaching honors that North Texas can only dream about.

Jerry has put more players into the NFL than North Texas. Last NFL draft, 4 Appy St kids were drafted. How many NT players were drafted?

There are curently 7 Appalachian State players in the NFL.

Overall record of 242-134-2

NCAA D-I-AA/FCS playoffs, 22-14

3 NCAA Division 1-AA/FCS National Championships

10 Cofference Championships

Eddie Robinson Award 2006 Linerty Mutual COY 2009

3x AFCA Division 1-AA/FCS COY 2005-2007

6x AFCA Regional COY 94-95, 05-06, 08-09

6x Southern Conference COY 91, 94, 95, 05-06, 08-09

And- do not forget his Mountaineer's beat the big Blue at their house.

So, where is the modern era signature win for North Texas? What is the NT win loss record for the last 9 years? Something like 6-37?

And you say Jerry ruined NT football!

Before you spout off about Jerry Moore, maybe you should talk to him!

I can arrange a face to face meeting if you want it.

• Upvote 1

drex

BS on your Jerry Moore statement. Do you know the man? Do you know what was going on at NT during Jerry's time at NT?

Jerry did not mess up North Texas football!!!!! Maybe Hayden was right on getting out when he could.

Did you see how the NT atheltic department treated Fry's CB's Coach Bill Brassier (sp?). Brassier was highly recommended by Fry to

the NT Athletic department to be the next HFC. Brassier finaly gave up waiting, and told the AD screw you, I am going to Iowa with Hayen.

So where do you get off saying Jerry ruined NT football? There is alot to the Jerry Moore story that will remain buried behind the scenes.

Jerry is solid Christain man, strong beliefs for family, community, and his players, besides being one very good college coach.

Jerry Moore has won more championships and coaching honors that North Texas can only dream about.

Jerry has put more players into the NFL than North Texas. Last NFL draft, 4 Appy St kids were drafted. How many NT players were drafted?

There are curently 7 Appalachian State players in the NFL.

Overall record of 242-134-2

NCAA D-I-AA/FCS playoffs, 22-14

3 NCAA Division 1-AA/FCS National Championships

10 Cofference Championships

Eddie Robinson Award 2006 Linerty Mutual COY 2009

3x AFCA Division 1-AA/FCS COY 2005-2007

6x AFCA Regional COY 94-95, 05-06, 08-09

6x Southern Conference COY 91, 94, 95, 05-06, 08-09

And- do not forget his Mountaineer's beat the big Blue at their house.

So, where is the modern era signature win for North Texas? What is the NT win loss record for the last 9 years? Something like 6-37?

And you say Jerry ruined NT football!

Before you spout off about Jerry Moore, maybe you should talk to him!

I can arrange a face to face meeting if you want it.

It is rather apparent that Jerry Moore has found his perfect place to coach. He is a great FCS coach. His record as a FBS coach wasn't very good, which I know he admits. But Jerry Moore didn't ruin North Texas Football. That was accomplished by the university's leadership when they let us go down to 1-aa in the early 80s. That ruined the program.