ESPN's Damon Sayles on Kahlee Woods UNT visit

Harry

North Texas has yet to score a four-star commit this season, but this weekend could big for the Mean Green -- particularly for the defense.

Middle linebacker Kahlee Woods (Sherman, Texas/Sherman) will take a trip to Denton, Texas, this weekend. The 6-foot, 232-pound linebacker is making his third visit, as he visited Colorado State last week and New Mexico last month.

Have we ever "scored" a four star recruit?

I don't know that such ratings were even around back then, but Milton Collins from Blooming Grove, Texas was considered to be a helluva running back coming out of high school and certainly one of our highest-rated recruits up to that time (70s).

He signed with NTSU and played considerably - but he was never the "star" he was expected to be.

I remember calling the Sports Editor of the Tyler Morning Telegraph on signing day and asking if he knew whether Collins had signed with us or atm...........the sports editor did not know crap about where he signed, but his response to me was "probably atm".

Later in the day I learned he has signed with NTSU - laughed - and said to myself "You missed out on that one, aggie!"

• Upvote 3