Joe has been hosed on most of the trades. Most of the general managers in the league know his record. The ONLY prospect Joe has that is close to NHL ready is Joe Morrow, but even he has never played a single minute in the NHL. The team wasn't great when he got here, but he has broken the team down and doesn't have a damn clue on how to rebuild. We've been in "rebuilding" mode since he got here.

It's never been a true rebuilding mode or direction until about now. There was garbage talent in the farm system and they didn't have a ton of talent organizationally. Talent is starting to pour in slow but surely but it takes time. Unless you're able to land a Crosby and Malkin or Toews and Kane in consecutive years you're just not going to get good quickly.

Edited by Green Mean

The Stars weren't going to break the bank trading a guy who is 41 and a free agent after the season. The fact that they got anything for him is a blessing. And even if they're NHL caliber players that may not do much still provides organization depth and they're young so they always have that chance to develop.

Im happy my bruins threw JUNK at the stars and they bit... the prosepcts you got from the bruins are nothing great, not even our top 10 prospects.

Lehtonen and Eakin look like they may pan out. As for the drafting, two words, Scott Glennie. I admit that the ownership situation didn't help things, but the weren't dreadful when he took over. His first move was to fire Tippit, and hire Joe Freaking Crawford. I was never big on Tippit, but CRAWFORD?!

The league's GMs know they can hose Joe, and it shows. The people he is getting are not even close to being NHL ready and there are questions if they ever will be. We need to completely clean house and that means Joe and Glen as well.

We just traded Vincour. He wasn't great, but he wasn't terrible. His lack of development is due to the same people that will be required to develop the prospects we just traded for. By the way, we are stocking up on average to undersized left shot offensive defenseman who are liabilities in their own damn zone! Bascially more Golioski's. Oh, before I forget, we got beat in the Ryder deal too.

You may like him, that's cool, but as someone who has been a die hard, bleed green and gold guy for the past 20 years, i'm just done with him. I have him in a less favorable light than Benford.

f**K Joe.

The Stars weren't going to break the bank trading a guy who is 41 and a free agent after the season. The fact that they got anything for him is a blessing. And even if they're NHL caliber players that may not do much still provides organization depth and they're young so they always have that chance to develop.

We could have gotten more for Jagr from Boston, who is still reeling from the Iginla non trade. We didn't even get as good as a package. If we weren't going to get a decent package, then we should have resigned him (he liked it here) and let him mentor the younger guys.

Lehtonen and Eakin look like they may pan out. As for the drafting, two words, Scott Glennie. I admit that the ownership situation didn't help things, but the weren't dreadful when he took over. His first move was to fire Tippit, and hire Joe Freaking Crawford. I was never big on Tippit, but CRAWFORD?!

The league's GMs know they can hose Joe, and it shows. The people he is getting are not even close to being NHL ready and there are questions if they ever will be. We need to completely clean house and that means Joe and Glen as well.

We just traded Vincour. He wasn't great, but he wasn't terrible. His lack of development is due to the same people that will be required to develop the prospects we just traded for. By the way, we are stocking up on average to undersized left shot offensive defenseman who are liabilities in their own damn zone! Bascially more Golioski's. Oh, before I forget, we got beat in the Ryder deal too.

You may like him, that's cool, but as someone who has been a die hard, bleed green and gold guy for the past 20 years, i'm just done with him. I have him in a less favorable light than Benford.

f**K Joe.

When has this team ever drafted well? The team was built perfectly to finish 10th and got one good streak in 2008. It has sucked for 5 years, but it didn't suck enough to rebuild and there was no way to invest in free agents.

Lehtonen - great trade for one of the two hardest positions to fill.

The Pittsburgh trade sucked - especially since the D man we gave up found his perfect system and got coached correctly.

now, how are you already evaluating this year's trades? Who did you think two expiring pieces would bring? What would Ryder do for this thing down the road?

Not happy with Joe, but I've been saying for years all of the problems start from the blueline out. Dillon and Oleskiak are at least the first pieces of fixing that problem (which is the hardest one to solve without throwing huge amounts of money at it -- which we haven't had for half a decade.) If they manage to move Goligoski for anything today as now being rumored, my joy will runneth over.

Edited by Quoner

Pretty much agree with everything you said. They've just been in hockey graveyard for a long time and it was time to commit to youth. Even in 2008 while they were a better team than the last few years that run to the WCF was very Cinderella. I don't think the rebuild process will take as long as people think because there are a lot of good and intriguing pieces in place in my opinion.

When has this team ever drafted well? The team was built perfectly to finish 10th and got one good streak in 2008. It has sucked for 5 years, but it didn't suck enough to rebuild and there was no way to invest in free agents.

Lehtonen - great trade for one of the two hardest positions to fill.

The Pittsburgh trade sucked - especially since the D man we gave up found his perfect system and got coached correctly.

now, how are you already evaluating this year's trades? Who did you think two expiring pieces would bring? What would Ryder do for this thing down the road?

Not happy with Joe, but I've been saying for years all of the problems start from the blueline out. Dillon and Oleskiak are at least the first pieces of fixing that problem (which is the hardest one to solve without throwing huge amounts of money at it -- which we haven't had for half a decade.) If they manage to move Goligoski for anything today as now being rumored, my joy will runneth over.

• Upvote 1