GMG Bowl X April 13, 2013 (Mark your calendar)

Harry

Silent Auction Update:

Folks, we have some great auction items developing for this year's event...

1) We will have a great UNT Door Wreath handmade by none other than NT03's better half...photo soon

2) We have (2) autographed copies of UNT grad Brant Croucher's great CD "Old Denton Roads"

3) And...rumor has it that we will have autographed copies of Lance Dunbar Photos in both UNT and Dallas Cowboy gear...and we may (MAY) have a Lance Dunbar Autographed Dallas Cowboy jersey! Not promising these items as yet, but if/when they materialize we will get photos up on GMG.Com for all to drool over! Dunbar photos are of him in game action situations as well. Keep your fingers crossed.

4) We also have a Mean Green T-Shirt in 2X

5) More rumor...but may have autographed photos of Coach Mac, Coach Benford and Coach Petersen...all In action".

It's early and there will be more items announced as folks donate them or as I am able to procure them...but, I think you can see that this year's auction may just be the best yet!

We NEED YOUR HELP! We need more and varied silent auction items. If you cannot play and cannot donate for one reason or another, perhaps you have an item that would be good for the silent auction. And, they do not have to all be UNT related...lots of great items can be used and as you can see from the donated single T-Shirt...they can be of almost any value as well.

You can, of course play, donate funds to the event, sponsor the event and donate an auction item as well....anything and all are prefectly fine! :-)

PM me if you have any ideas and I can get with you on delivery, etc.

• Upvote 3

"but may have autographed photos of Coach Mac, Coach Benford and Coach Petersen...all In action"

Bid heavily for this one. It's a collector's item.

Yeah, you're probably right. That's sexy, right there.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Plan to be there as a spectator. At 51 (almost 52) and three foot surgeries later my sandlot football/basketball/softball days are long over.

Happy to have you in any capacity you fell good about. Should br fun...feel free to bid on any of the items....thanks for supporting this event.

• Upvote 1

For those wanting to donate to the cause or would like to pay their $25 participation fee (which includes a free game shirt!) here is a link that you can use to do it via paypal: http://www.gomeangreen.com/forums/index.php?app=nexus&module=clients&section=donations

THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT!!

NEW Player Announcement:

Folks...it's good odds that you might see ex-teammates Jason Attaway (QB #18) tossing the ball to Brian Futrell (WR #88) should you play watch or volunteer to help this year in GMG.Com Bowl X.

In addition...it's possible that current AF pilot Attaway may just have a special "something" to add to our silent auction this year....I am happy to be able to announce the addition of two participants...UNT's own....

BRIAN FUTRELL and

JASON ATTAWAY!

Thanks for supporting this event and our great student-athletes!

• Upvote 1

New player announced!

Ex-UNT QB...during the Fry era days...ROB MORLEY has agreed to play in this year's GMG.Com Bowl X!

Welcome aboard Rob, glad to have you...rumor has it that Rob was Jordan Case's rommie and can still play a mean game of flag football. So, the team needing a "legit QB" might want to think about drafing Rob!

MeanGreenTXN - WOW nice donation - it is very much appreciated!! Look forward to you participating in the event!

Who is next? We need volunteers, players, sponsors and silent auction items! All money and time for the benefit of UNT athletic scholarships! We need your help! GMG!

Happy to help, Harry. Hope I can be there, if for no other reason, to meet you guys and absorb the glory of Apogee.

Really do appreciate your generous contribution. It will go a good ways in helping this event be successful again this year. Our student athletes thank you and so do I.

• Upvote 1

Two New Players and a Team Captain Added:

Lance White - UNT All Century Team nominee at linebacker '84-'86) has signed on to play and has agreed to Captain one of the squads.

Keith Chapman - UNT All Century Team nominee at placekicker ('85-'88) and teammate of Lance White has also agreed to play!!!

Really happy to have you both...welcome to GMG.Com Bowl X...appreciate your support!

• Upvote 3

I'll get back to you on that.

So, you don't know what size T-Shirt you wear? Come on now...don't make me pick a size for you.... :judge: You must really be shedding the pounds these days....looking forward to seeing you at the game! Appreciate the support.

• Upvote 2

Got your e-mail the other day at work. Don't have any idea what kids' soccer and baseball schedules will look like on April 13th, but mark me down anyway; even if I don't show, I'll send money.

I've dropped weight from 193 to 161 over the past 13 months, so mark me down for a Large instead of an X-Large this year.

Put "Relámpago Blanco" on the back of the shirt...and don't for get the diacritic acute over the first "a" in Relámpago.

Thanky.

• Upvote 1

Got your e-mail the other day at work. Don't have any idea what kids' soccer and baseball schedules will look like on April 13th, but mark me down anyway; even if I don't show, I'll send money.

I've dropped weight from 193 to 161 over the past 13 months, so mark me down for a Large instead of an X-Large this year.

Put "Relámpago Blanco" on the back of the shirt...and don't for get the diacritic acute over the first "a" in Relámpago.

Thanky.

Glad to have you again this year...will try to get the name right on the back.....TRY!

• Upvote 1

PLAYER SIGN-UP DEADLINE ANNOUNCED!

The deadline to sign-up to play in GMG.Com Bowl X is FRIDAY, MARCH 29th at 5PM (CST).

The player draft will take place soon thereafter (date and time to be announced), and will take place in the CHAT ROOM here on GMG.Com for all to follow and make comments who wish to do so.....

Come on folks...let's get this done!!!!

• Upvote 1