Kent Riddle headed to ASU

Harry

Enjoy Jonesboro moron.

It's a pretty sweet gig for a coach. Football assistants generally can't go out around town without having fans recognize them. One assistant told me he hasn't paid for a lunch since he's been here because someone always picks up the tab.

Going to a school that has won 19 of its last 25 isn't a bad deal either.

Then of course, it doesn't hurt that all but two of the guys on staff last year now have SEC gigs, three assistants from this year now have SEC gigs.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Was it a matter of money or maybe a connection to their present staff; family lives nearby, etc, etc, etc, ????

Good luck, coach.

GMG!

PS: I've always said North Texas should raid 2 or 3 Louisiana schools (exempting LSU, of course) of 1 or 2 of their assistants that have kicked our butts

in recruiting last few years; especially some of those assistants who recruit northern Texas and Houston. They seem to know how to recruit speed that develops

into teams with Top 25 rankings (La Tech) and winning bowl teams (ULL). Sometimes you just have to swallow a little pride and copy somone elses success?

Happy New Year, fellow Mean Greeners! And please be safe so you can get back on GMG.com and be pissed at some (or most) of my posts, OK? :mom::abe:

GMG ! !

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 2

Was it a matter of money or maybe a connection to their present staff; family lives nearby, etc, etc, etc, ????

Good luck, coach.

GMG!

PS: I've always said North Texas should raid 2 or 3 Louisiana schools (exempting LSU, of course) of 1 or 2 of their assistants that have kicked our butts

in recruiting last few years; especially some of those assistants who recruit northern Texas and Houston. They seem to know how to recruit speed that develops

into teams with Top 25 rankings (La Tech) and winning bowl teams (ULL). Sometimes you just have to swallow a little pride and copy somone elses success?

Happy New Year, fellow Mean Greeners! And please be safe so you can get back on GMG.com and be pissed at some (or most) of my posts, OK? :mom::abe:

GMG ! !

Why not LSU? Truth is a position coach looking to become a coordinator could probably be hired away.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Why not LSU? Truth is a position coach looking to become a coordinator could probably be hired away.

The schools that we recruit for players would rarely involve LSU. Focus on assistants from La Tech, ULL or ULM that we know are

burrs under our saddles in the recruiting wars.. Very few times thru past decades have we had head to head battles for recruits with LSU. Of course, an

LSU assistant would probaby be a good catch, too.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1

Ridiculous to call a long time assistant at Boise State, Colorado, Army and Oregon State a moron......

Thanks for your time at North Texas Coach Rid and good luck in the future.

Ridiculous to call a long time assistant at Boise State, Colorado, Army and Oregon State a moron......

Thanks for your time at North Texas Coach Rid and good luck in the future.

I was referring only to his decision to leave for ASU (which is a super awesome place according to ARKSTFAN) and nothing else. You're right it was probably a bit harsh. Edited by Mean Green Matt
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

It's a pretty sweet gig for a coach. Football assistants generally can't go out around town without having fans recognize them. One assistant told me he hasn't paid for a lunch since he's been here because someone always picks up the tab.

Going to a school that has won 19 of its last 25 isn't a bad deal either.

Then of course, it doesn't hurt that all but two of the guys on staff last year now have SEC gigs, three assistants from this year now have SEC gigs.

I'm not sure how to respond to that sort of awesomeness. You guys are certainly in better shape than us.

Edited by Mean Green Matt
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

It's a pretty sweet gig for a coach. Football assistants generally can't go out around town without having fans recognize them. One assistant told me he hasn't paid for a lunch since he's been here because someone always picks up the tab. Going to a school that has won 19 of its last 25 isn't a bad deal either. Then of course, it doesn't hurt that all but two of the guys on staff last year now have SEC gigs, three assistants from this year now have SEC gigs.
Well, the truth hurts. We should have played that card when hiring a mens bb coach.
  • Upvote 1