Idaho To Announce 2013 Schedule Today.

MeanGreen61

In addition to previously announced games at Wyoming (Sept. 7), vs. Northern Illinois (Sept. 14), at Washington State (Sept. 21) and at Mississippi (Oct. 26), Idaho will announce games home games with Temple, Fresno State, New Mexico State and Old Dominion and away games with North Texas, Arkansas State and New Mexico State, the Idaho Statesman has learned.

Read more here: http://voices.idahos...g#storylink=cpy

Note: Apparently they will be forced to play a 2013 home-home with New Mexico State.

Edited by MeanGreen61
  • Upvote 1

So it sounds like the whispers turned out to be true. Great. Nice recognizable name that we should be favored against at home. Based on our available dates, I am assuming this will be our season opener, also as rumored.

Question for those in the know. Is this a home/home or is this a buy game for us? If home/home, when is the return?

So it sounds like the whispers turned out to be true. Great. Nice recognizable name that we should be favored against at home. Based on our available dates, I am assuming this will be our season opener, also as rumored.

Question for those in the know. Is this a home/home or is this a buy game for us? If home/home, when is the return?

Based on our future schedules we don't have room for any more away games so I would guess this is just one and done

Based on our future schedules we don't have room for any more away games so I would guess this is just one and done

Yep, assuming we are going to have 6 home games every year, we have zero spots for away games until after 2017 and 5 spots still left to fill for home games, including 2 home games that need to be filled in 2015. I expect either a lot of FCS schools being brought in for a money game or a season in the not to distant future with 5 home games (probably 2015). One home game to fill in 2014, 2016 and 2017.

Hopefully we can get out of some of the road games we have between now and 2017 (hello Iowa), otherwise we on this board are in for some dissapointing schedules.

Edited by UNT90

Apparently it's official. Vandals will be in Denton August 31st.

http://www.govandals...DB_OEM_ID=17100

Appears our 2013 OC schedule is now set.

8/31 vs Idaho

9/7 @ Ohio

9/14 vs Ball State

9/21 @ Georgia

Add:

Tulsa

Rice

UTEP

La Tech

UTSA

(2 or 3 of these at Home)

Cusa-East

Cusa-East

Cusa-East

(1 or 2 of these at Home)

No, I don't think I'll miss the SBC schedule one bit.

• Upvote 2

Yep, assuming we are going to have 6 home games every year, we have zero spots for away games until after 2017 and 5 spots still left to fill for home games, including 2 home games that need to be filled in 2015. I expect either a lot of FCS schools being brought in for a money game or a season in the not to distant future with 5 home games (probably 2015). One home game to fill in 2014, 2016 and 2017.

Hopefully we can get out of some of the road games we have between now and 2017 (hello Iowa), otherwise we on this board are in for some dissapointing schedules.

It will be awfully tough to get through 2018 with 6 home games each year unless some things change, but plenty of time to worry about that later. Really jazzed about next year's OOC, as well as potential conference schedule.

Not that we will win them, but having 3 of 4 OOC games against comparable competition is huge. Paycheck games are still undesirable in my book, but one is at least acceptable when the other 3 games are reasonable.

Kudos to the athletic department.

• Upvote 1

Schedules, especially in college football, are planned years in advance. You can't afford to worry about it later.

I don't completely disagree, but the final part of next year's OOC schedule was announced less than a year in advance. We need to address a single game on the 2014 schedule, 2 games on the 2015 schedule, and a game each in 2016, 2017, and 2018. I'm just saying I am comfortable that there is ample time to work something out.

• Upvote 1

Of all of the years we could play Ohio, I'm just glad it isn't this year. I know they've had a cupcake schedule for the most part, but their record is still nothing to sneeze at and I hope we are ready for them next year if this is a sign of them building their program well.