Idaho To Announce 2013 Schedule Today.

MeanGreen61

Idaho fired their head coach today.

Why, is Scott Bakula looking for work? I honestly have nothing against the fine folk in Moscow, but I can't objectively see what they see in terms of sustainability of that program, or who they think they're going to hire up there with that crappy location, in that shoe box stadium, wandering the hinterlands of independent football.

Idaho can"t even afford decent announcers, only common taters.

Ow, that's so bad it's good. I don't know if I should give you a +1 or -1!

Edited by Stix

Idaho can"t even afford decent announcers, only common taters.

We are truly blessed to have George and Hank as announcers. Best in the Belt by a wide margin and will instantly be the best in CUSA the 1st game they call.

Way batter than many "major" programs.

• Upvote 3

Dickey will never be a FBS head coach again.

He's only 52.

I think he'll get a shot somewhere sooner or later.

ETA:

HC age when they become coach at NT:

Dan McCarney 58

Todd Dodge 44

Darell Dickey 39

Matt Simon 41

Corky Nelson 43

Bob Tyler 49

Jerry Moore 40

Hayden Fry 44

Rod Rust 40

Odus Mitchell 47

Dickey is the youngest coach we have ever hired.

We tend to hire young coaches

D-Mac is the oldest coach we have hired, by almost a decade.

Edited by Cerebus
  • Upvote 1

He's only 52.

I think he'll get a shot somewhere sooner or later.

ETA:

HC age when they become coach at NT:

Dan McCarney 58

Todd Dodge 44

Darell Dickey 39

Matt Simon 41

Corky Nelson 43

Bob Tyler 49

Jerry Moore 40

Hayden Fry 44

Rod Rust 40

Odus Mitchell 47

Dickey is the youngest coach we have ever hired.

We tend to hire young coaches

D-Mac is the oldest coach we have hired, by almost a decade.

My post had nothing to do with his age. The way he left here will not serve him well in a head coaching interview, like him or not.

But I'm just some dude on a message board, so who knows...

• Upvote 1

My post had nothing to do with his age. The way he left here will not serve him well in a head coaching interview, like him or not.

On their board some are dreaming of Petrino :lolu: ... so they evidently don't care about how coaches left their old place :crazysmile:

Considering it's Idaho...if Dickey wanted it, I'd be surprised if they turned him down, even with the disagreements that were going on when he left UNT. And wow, McCarney is pushing 60? He looks like he could still do some damage on the field!

Just a hunch, but I'm thinking it is only an issue if they insist on checking calling Rick up.

People are willing to overlook a lot of things these days; that's all I'm saying.

Idaho isn't fit for FBS. They need to go back down to FCS where they belong and be through with it. Hell, a few other programs need to go to FCS too. *cough* Rice, Tulane, New Mexico State, Eastern Michigan, UAB, Florida Atlantic *cough*.

Edited by Cougar King
  • Downvote 3

Wow. That is a big chunk for us to pay. Nice to see the program step up. Hopefully season ticket sales will increase (a lot) based on the new conference. Anyone have a feel for what the season ticket sales goal will be for next year, or what it was for this year?

I was told once, but have now forgotten, specific numbers.

I do remember that they expect to "sell out" club level seats next year. I put that in quotation marks because they will actually hold some of the seats in reserve as guest seats for the club members to buy. However, every seat they want to sell in the club level they expect to have sold by next year. At about ~$7K minimum investment for each seat, that's good news.

• Upvote 2

I have read that there are 19 luxury suites. I don't know how much each sells for or how many seats/tickets go with each suite, but I would guess these numbers would be counted as season tickets. I have also read that the number of club level seats are in the neighborhood of 750 seats (I used a round figure of 1,000 of club seats and 500 suite seats in the seating breakdown estimate I did in another thread).

There are roughly 6,500 seats on the alumni side that require a MGC contribution in order to buy seats, so I think it is primarily season ticket holders that would be sitting in those seats. I would guess there are typically 4k-5k normally sitting there so it seems reasonable to estimate about 5k-6k in season ticket holders (you can also be a season ticket holder in other sections as well so this number may be off).

It should not be unreasonable to have 1/3 of the stadium sold to season ticket holders, which would equate to 10k season tickets. I get the feeling we are only at half or a little more of that number. We don't seem to publicize the number anywhere I have looked so it probably is not a flattering number. With that in mind, maybe 7,500 would be a good goal for next year and then build from there.

• Upvote 1