TXST correct acronym for Texas State

Boko Dweller

I am ashamed I hold credit hours from TCU.

But, but but... UNT people can't go to TCU.

Froggy dude is a boob with a hard on for UTSA.

It's a good thing I've spent plenty of time at TCU and have friends from there to know they aren't all dumber than @#$%.

Edited by MeanMag

If your school is so superior, I have one question, why do UNT grads on average make more money out of school

TCU is a joke. If I wanted to get raped for college tuition, I would've went to Rice, at least there I wouldn't graduate overeducated and underemployed.

do you have anything to actually support either of these claims in relation to UH or Rice because I am quite certain that Rice graduates get employed at a very high % after graduation and I have never seen anything that has north Texas graduates making more than UH graduates right out of school and in fact everything I have seen says the exact opposite and Rice would have even higher starting salaries

you should at least try and back these claims up or support them

Edited by GL2Greatness
  • Downvote 2

I know exactly what i'm talking about - TSUS is the Texas State University System, of which, Texas State University is a member, "flagship" or not. You'll note, that TSUS is not a system that includes Texas Southern or Tarleton State. It does, however, include Texas State. Somebody should tell them that the correct way to do it is TXSTUS. Until such time, plenty of people will refer to Texas State University, correctly, as TSU.

And, as pointed out, TXST isn't even an acronym. It's an abbreviation, chosen arbitrarily. The system is using an acronym, a correct one, and one that you can expect people to use for the words Texas-State-University.

Once again, you're clearly wrong, but I'm not sure what business you'd have in this discussion, since you've never once gotten our own acronym correct.

And this is a dumb discussion, proven by your appearance in it. Nobody cares what TSU wants to be called.

The Texas State University SYSTEM includes several schools, Sam Houston and Stephen F. Austin among them. The correct name is Texas State University @ San Marcos. The others mentioned could call themselves Texas State University @ Huntsville or @ Nacodoches if they chose. Actually if you notice every other "State" out there, these names were meant to denote agricultural schools with vet medicine ,ranching, and ag studies, i.e. Oklahoma State, New Mexico State, Kansas State, etc. In the 70's when North Texas approached the legislature about changing the name to Texas State ( as set out in the movie Necessary Roughness)we were told that the name was reserved for Texas A&M should they ever want to get in line with other state ag schools. IMHO San Marcos has stretched the truth when it says it is Texas State without adding @ San Macos to it.

do you have anything to actually support either of these claims in relation to UH or Rice because I am quite certain that Rice graduates get employed at a very high % after graduation and I have never seen anything that has north Texas graduates making more than UH graduates right out of school and in fact everything I have seen says the exact opposite and Rice would have even higher starting salaries

you should at least try and back these claims up or support them

I never said that we made more than Rice. Just UH. I was referring to TCU being a pretty pathetic "private school" that just overcharges because they can. If I was going to pay a shit ton of money to go to school, it sure as hell wouldn't be at TCU, it'd be at Rice or Baylor.

Not bothering to link to statistics has never stopped you, has it?

Edited by meangreener

so no you are not going to back it up haha

because the reality is pretty much every survey out there says that UH grads and pretty much every major public and private school's graduates make more than north Texas grads out of school

This man has no penis!

so no you are not going to back it up haha

because the reality is pretty much every survey out there says that UH grads and pretty much every major public and private school's graduates make more than north Texas grads out of school

you ask people to use stats to back up thier argument.Please do the same.......................... douche

• Upvote 1

And when you say EVERY survey, I better see every survery known to man that presents this information you claim to be true . I mean starting from way...........way............. way back. I want to see it all. Now please get to work....... you have a lot ahead of you.

Edited by mgfan
  • Upvote 1

you ask people to use stats to back up thier argument.Please do the same.......................... douche

actually I back mine up all the time then idiots like you start crying and run off like a roach when the light comes on

http://online.wsj.com/public/resources/documents/info-Salaries_for_Colleges_by_Region-sort.html

wall street journal

UH Starting median....mid career median......

$46,000.00 $79,900.00

north Texas not even considered

http://www.payscale.com/college-salary-report-2013/full-list-of-schools

Rice#54

$53,200

$98,900

UH #257

$45,400

$80,600

TCU #295

$45,400

$79,200

UTA#326

$46,400

$77,900

UTD#396

$47,100

$75,000

Texas Lutheran#435

$37,100

$73,000

TAMUCC #522

$40,900

$70,600

UTEP#578

$42,000

$68,900

TAMUK#584

$48,400

$68,800

TWU#584

$39,000

$68,800

north Texas#589

$39,400

$68,600

So UH was much higher and even TWU and some of the non-College Station TAMU campuses were better later in their career....nice showing there for north Texas

US census 2010

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/hairballs/2011/06/aggies_more_financially_succes.php

txsalarys.jpg

another great showing haha

student reviews

http://www.studentsreview.com/TX/UH.html

UH $61,716 $131,181

north Texas $46,268 $85,000

MBAs only

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/29090306/Average-salaries-of-Top-B-schools

UH 46,900 80,700

north Texas 41,700 72,500

behind TxState and SFA at the 10 year point.....way to prove yourself in the market place!

http://www.payscale.com/college-salary-report-2013/central-south-schools

UH

$45,400

$80,600

north Texas

$39,400

$68,600

behing ACU, TWU, SFA, TAMUCC, UTEP, TAMUK, TLU, LeTourneau, SHSU and on and on

I would imagine this will really test your neat collection of GIFs and MEMS that you break out when all else (especially logic or reality) has failed you

too bad employeers don't pay based in GIFs and MEMS or north Texas would beat Harvard

actually I back mine up all the time then idiots like you start crying and run off like a roach when the light comes on

http://online.wsj.co...egion-sort.html

wall street journal

UH Starting median....mid career median......

$46,000.00 $79,900.00

north Texas not even considered

http://www.payscale....list-of-schools

Rice#54

$53,200

$98,900

UH #257

$45,400

$80,600

TCU #295

$45,400

$79,200

UTA#326

$46,400

$77,900

UTD#396

$47,100

$75,000

Texas Lutheran#435

$37,100

$73,000

TAMUCC #522

$40,900

$70,600

UTEP#578

$42,000

$68,900

TAMUK#584

$48,400

$68,800

TWU#584

$39,000

$68,800

north Texas#589

$39,400

$68,600

So UH was much higher and even TWU and some of the non-College Station TAMU campuses were better later in their career....nice showing there for north Texas

US census 2010

http://blogs.houston...ally_succes.php

txsalarys.jpg

another great showing haha

student reviews

http://www.studentsr....com/TX/UH.html

UH $61,716 $131,181

north Texas $46,268 $85,000

MBAs only

http://www.docstoc.c...f-Top-B-schools

UH 46,900 80,700

north Texas 41,700 72,500

behind TxState and SFA at the 10 year point.....way to prove yourself in the market place!

http://www.payscale....l-south-schools

UH

$45,400

$80,600

north Texas

$39,400

$68,600

behing ACU, TWU, SFA, TAMUCC, UTEP, TAMUK, TLU, LeTourneau, SHSU and on and on

I would imagine this will really test your neat collection of GIFs and MEMS that you break out when all else (especially logic or reality) has failed you

too bad employeers don't pay based in GIFs and MEMS or north Texas would beat Harvard

196-didnt-read-lol.png

• Upvote 1

This is another weird thread. There have hardly been any valid arguments. Though I must ask:

Today the BCS declared Germany to be the winner of World War II.

...did you write that? It's awesome.

You can't look down on somebody who is above you. You played football longer than us and still underachieved. You never been in a major conference before, you never had a Heisman Trophy winner, you never won a National Title, you barely send anybody to the NFL, you have almost no football traditions, you haven't beaten anybody relevant since the 60s, maybe 70s. You have a lame handsign with no history behind it other than the fact that it's supposed to be an Eagle claw.

You guys say "Cawwww" while everybody who's relevant in Texas says ____'em.

You haven't sold out a game in almost 25 years, most people have never heard of UNT. (If they have heard of them, they usually know it as NTSU). Your endowment is about half as big as ours. You have never been awarded by the National Research foundation, you can't get Denton to support you, while we are building and expanding our campus (which is already bigger than yours) your city has bulldozed most of your historical buildings and effectively killed a good chunk of Fry Street.

Just face the fact that nobody has done less with less than The University of North Texas.

We have lots of national championships, just not in football. I know this is the football forum, but considering everything else has been discussed too, that's just a weird set of statements, though I admit I liked the hippie-ish stuff that was on Fry as well. Same as with the acronym/abbreviation issue, there are people from any of the schools as well as people unrelated to a given school with preferences that vary; I, like others here, know people who still prefer NTSU. Appraising school values is done by so many publications, yet no one cited those, choosing instead to point out only the upsides of their own school, which proves the point of preference. One of my residents from West Hall transferred to SWTSU/TXST/TSU/whatever for hospital administration years ago, and though I haven't talked to him, I heard through the grapevine that he was making tons of money. UNT has a decent Hospitality Management degree, but apparently Houston's is killer. And I first chose UNT for the art programs available, then stayed for grad school since our Political Science program was ranked 2nd internationally. And of course these are just a few examples, but it doesn't change the facts that:

1) Trolls are trying to argue why their school is so much better, and

2) We're not only lending credence to their presence, but using similarly poor debating tactics. Also,

3) Not only is this the football board, but everybody is bent out of shape because some dude pointed out the confusion inherent in improperly labeling the school in question. Really, think about it, casual onlookers unfamiliar with the school and/or its name might not even know who you're making fun of if you use a confusing abbreviation. So if the point really is about smack talk and making fun of each other, isn't it maybe a good thing that he inadvertently provided everyone with the necessary tools to properly direct your ridicule? Hey, there's always a silver lining somewhere, right? :P

These points aside, my whole post is probably proven unnecessary due to the resounding power of the science argument. Though it should probably have been an albino squirrel.

Even the fiscal analysis isn't much proof; UNT graduates a large number of people who purposely chose a field where they expect to make low salaries but is what they feel is the best life for them (degrees in Social Work, Art, etc). If the only truly relative proof anyone can provide is monetary in nature, then that only holds true based, once again, on preference. For those of us who feel that there is much more of value than money, it's irrelevant.

• Upvote 1