Dajon Williams

Cooley

Dajon had another great game in a 46-6 rout.

8-11 156 yds 1 TD

7 carries 175 yds 2 TD's

For those worried about his listed 5.14 listed 40 time on espn, 7 carries for 175 yards is impressive. He is a smooth runner who can scramble for a first down when we need it and will be able to run some read options plays too. Maybe he's more of a pocket passer, but he still will be a running threat for us.

I'm a Sophomore at Connally. Dajon has improved a lot from last year as a passer. His mobility in th pocket is as good as I've seen. Just look at the Eastview game this year. He's faster than a 5.14 with those long legs.

Thanks for the info! We are excited about him coming here!

This kid will not be anywhere near the QB competition next year. If he is, we are in for a very long season.

Agree

I'm very happy with his committ. He's probably the QB of our future, but I'll be disappointed if he sees the field next year.

We got Brock , DT & McNutly. Unless something goes terribly wrong , let him red shirt & groom him for the job in 2014

• Upvote 1

Agree

I'm very happy with his committ. He's probably the QB of our future, but I'll be disappointed if he sees the field next year.

We got Brock , DT & McNutly. Unless something goes terribly wrong , let him red shirt & groom him for the job in 2014

Considering 2 out of the 3 you mentioned haven't proved much and the 3rd hasn't even seen the field, I wouldn't be surprised to see him play next year.

Let's not forget Williams only other offer has been from Montana. If he had half the offers that Brock did coming out of HS , then maybe we see him if DT were to walk away or get injured.

Until then , Mac is not going to throw a true frosh out there over someone who has 20 + career starts or a JUCO who was pretty sought after. We have a run based system that relies on good D and not turning the ball over. A true frosh is a turnover machine just waiting to happen

• Upvote 1

Let's not forget Williams only other offer has been from Montana. If he had half the offers that Brock did coming out of HS , then maybe we see him if DT were to walk away or get injured.

Until then , Mac is not going to throw a true frosh out there over someone who has 20 + career starts or a JUCO who was pretty sought after. We have a run based system that relies on good D and not turning the ball over. A true frosh is a turnover machine just waiting to happen

According to Vito he had a Louisiana Tech offer as well that is not listed on rivals, ESPN, or 247 apparently. I would expect a few more offers for him before signing day. His good senior season aside I don't think he is ready to come in and take the reigns as a true freshman, especially with Berglund licking his chops at the opportunity to beat out an un-improving Derek Thompson. There are very few quarterbacks in the country that are capable of starting as a true freshman and they usually spend the summer before their senior year competing in the elite 11 and committing to a BCS contending school.

Coach Mac, along with myself, believes in heavily utilizing redshirts and quarterback is one of the positions in most need of a redshirt their first year on campus. He is looking like a great pickup with a lot of potential but he will be best served redshirting next year.

• Upvote 2

According to Vito he had a Louisiana Tech offer as well that is not listed on rivals, ESPN, or 247 apparently. I would expect a few more offers for him before signing day. His good senior season aside I don't think he is ready to come in and take the reigns as a true freshman, especially with Berglund licking his chops at the opportunity to beat out an un-improving Derek Thompson. There are very few quarterbacks in the country that are capable of starting as a true freshman and they usually spend the summer before their senior year competing in the elite 11 and committing to a BCS contending school.

Coach Mac, along with myself, believes in heavily utilizing redshirts and quarterback is one of the positions in most need of a redshirt their first year on campus. He is looking like a great pickup with a lot of potential but he will be best served redshirting next year.

Totally agree

• Upvote 1