GMG Cliff Notes on UNT Fall Camp so far

Harry

- QB Derek Thompson looks more poised

- Marcus Trice looks like a player

- Antoinne Jimmerson looks good

- Freshman defensive end Dutton Watson injured his knee but it will not require surgery (translation = redshirt)

- UNT’s defense has controlled the action most of the way in fall workouts.

- Ellsworth Community College wide receiver Darnell Smith of Garland has done some good things

- QB Derek Thompson has been playing well

- True Freshmen Carlos Harris and Nick Schrapps appear to have the best shot at making the team on the offensive side of the ball.

- Sometimes the team looks good sometimes not so much.

Feel free to add as you see fit.

Heard his name pop up a few times as performing a lot better then he did in the Spring.

I would like to see something in writing, I mean everyone hears stuff but unless Mac actually said this in a tape. Then he will forever be the most overrated player to put on a UNT uniform...

William Cole and Stradford were never ESPN Under Armor All-Americans

Edited by Dr. Seuss
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I would like to see something in writing, I mean everyone hears stuff but unless Mac actually said this in a tape. Then he will forever be the most overrated player to put on a UNT uniform...

Tyler Stratford's feelings are hurt by your short memory.

No, ive never actually met him... But hes the one player on the team that I would like to prove me wrong, ever since hes been here hes been a bust... I mean you have Coleman starting over him, really....

You mean you feel it's out of place that a 5th year senior is starting over a sophomore who has been away from live-action football for over a year?

• Upvote 6

Stradford was a 3* recruit with speed and small hands... Not an ESPN Under Armor All American like i said earlier

Great things were expected from Stratford... none were delivered. Cam hasn't been allowed to play a single snap of football at UNT yet and you've declared him the biggest bust of forever ever?

You mean you feel it's out of place that a 5th year senior is starting over a sophomore who has been away from live-action football for over a year?

Feeley has never started and practiced with the scout team and has had a knee injury for most of his career... Yes I would say its shocking that a 4* All American, #28 offense tackle in the country is not starting for UNT

Great things were expected from Stratford... none were delivered. Cam hasn't been allowed to play a single snap of football at UNT yet and you've declared him the biggest bust of forever ever?

Stradford was projected to start going into fall camp his first year eligable.. William Cole was a bigger bust than Stradford

Edited by Dr. Seuss

per Vito-

"Canales singled out four offensive linemen who have made significant progress during the early stages of fall practice: backup junior tackle LaChris Anyiam, freshman Connor Trussell, Arkansas transfer Cam Feldt and freshman walk-on Kaydon Kirby."

• Upvote 4

per Vito-

"Canales singled out four offensive linemen who have made significant progress during the early stages of fall practice: backup junior tackle LaChris Anyiam, freshman Connor Trussell, Arkansas transfer Cam Feldt and freshman walk-on Kaydon Kirby."

Thanks, I couldnt find it but Im glad you did

I'm not sure about this.........bc his bio states that he's started 10 games.

K he stared 7 games in 2008 and 4 in 2010, I was wrong

Edited by Dr. Seuss
  • Upvote 2

Click on the link and in the very last paragraph under the "Briefly" heading you will note that Canales has singled him out.

http://www.dentonrc....key-players.ece

Feeley started 10 games as a freshman.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 1

If you are going to make a stupid post, at least do your home work. Feeley has actually started and played a lot in both his freshman and sophomore years.

Calling some one a bust is borderline behavior for a fan, but calling one before he is even eligible to play in his sophomore year is highly questionable. This is not pro sports, these guys deserve some respect. Another news flash if Cam lived up to your expectations this early, he would likely still be at OU.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

If you are going to make a stupid post, at least do your home work. Feeley has actually started and played a lot in both his freshman and sophomore years.

Calling some one a bust is borderline behavior for a fan, but calling one before he is even eligible to play in his sophomore year is highly questionable. This is not pro sports, these guys deserve some respect. Another news flash if Cam lived up to your expectations this early, he would likely still be at OU.

Cam was from Arkansas

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Im kinda confused, you tell me to do my homework and then you go and say Cam was from OU... Then, I admitted that I was wrong about Coleman's starts in the past.

Second, like I said before, I would like Cam to prove me wrong, but from what Im hearing and seeing on the depth chart, it hasn't happened. When your as highly ranked lineman as Cam was, its still shocking to see how a position that he plays is open and he still isn't the starter. but he's making improvements, in which I did not see until others pointed it out to me... Anything else?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The lesson here, if there is one, is that these are 17-22 year old amateur athletes and we should be careful how we talk about them. Once they're pros making millions for playing a game then feel free to write whatever you like. Until then, calling someone 'a bust', especially anonymously, shows a lack of class.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

The lesson here, if there is one, is that these are 17-22 year old amateur athletes and we should be careful how we talk about them. Once they're pros making millions for playing a game then feel free to write whatever you like. Until then, calling someone 'a bust', especially anonymously, shows a lack of class.

His real name is Theodor Geisel. Not anonymous at all.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

First off my name is Jonathan Percival, or Theodor Geisel..not anonymous. Second off, calling a player a bust before he plays his first game is a bit of a reach, but I would like to see something out of him...Finally, as others know, I know most of the players on the team and anything I say on the board, I would tell them

Edited by Dr. Seuss
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2