Ryan Boutwell torn pec

Harry

OUCH...all the best, guys for a speedy and complete recovery.

Looks like an opportunity for a few folks to step up and show what they can do...big losses...hopefully they'll be back quickly. But, I too, thought a torn pec was a season-ender. maybe it's not "that bad"? Don't know...not a Doc so will wait, see and hope for the best.

So, who will grab this opportunity and step up? Like it has been said many times to backups in all sports...you are just one play away from moving up and getting an opportunity...be prepared...be ready and seize the day! Well, it's something like that, but you get the drift, right?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If he's able to return by the second game it must not have been a major tear. From what I understand, a major tear requires surgery and months of rehabilitation. I have faith that our trainers won't release him to play until they are certain that there won't be long lasting effects.

Get well first Big 90. We need you but don't rush the process. Next year (2013) is super important and we want a whole Ryan Boutwell.

If he's able to return by the second game it must not have been a major tear. From what I understand, a major tear requires surgery and months of rehabilitation. I have faith that our trainers won't release him to play until they are certain that there won't be long lasting effects.

Get well first Big 90. We need you but don't rush the process. Next year (2013) is super important and we want a whole Ryan Boutwell.

You're right. I had a small tear and didn't take proper care and rest after the injury. It took three or four years before the discomfort finally disappeared 100%. It's not something you want to rush. Especially as a DL going against guys who outweigh you by 50 or more pounds.

I would assume it had to happen awhile ago as they haven't even had their first practice yet. Maybe weightlifting??

You are correct. In Mac's media day Q&A on meangreensports.com he specifically said it was a weightlifting accident.

DT90....can u tell us when that happened?

He tore it back it at the end of June during workouts. Its not pulled off the bone and is similar to a pulled hamstring so no surgery required. It is a 6 to 8 week rehab period. He is doing well. Knowing him, he could probably go against LSU but they will hold him out at least the first two games to make sure he is good to go.

I don't talk about injuries until the coaches mention them.

• Upvote 2

Again, of all the good things McCarney has done, the one thing he and his staff haven't been able to do is get our depth and quality of DT raised. And, it still surprises me.

Sir Calvin Wallace takes exception sir!

I look at it like this: North Texas is still 12-15 scholarship players down from the debacle of the last few years. Mac is building a program in which all positions were terribly depleted and/or just downright stunk relative to a truly competitive D-1 program. He had/has many holes to plug and is doing so. Good news is next year we will be at scholarship limit.

In a year or two you will forget that we have been thin at DT.