USA Today Coaches Poll

Side Show Joe

Cool to see FIU getting some love. I'm glad we don't have to play them this year. In my first dynasty mode in NCAA Football 13, FIU went 12-0 and made the NC game, and then get destroyed haha.

• Upvote 1

And we now can say we are playing the #1 team in the nation to start our season. yay

LSU should come in behind Alabama after getting blanked in the MNC.

Just sayin'.

Edited by UNTFan23
  • Upvote 1

LSU should come in behind Alabama after getting blanked in the MNC.

Just sayin'.

That was last year though, this is a different season. Players left and new ones have joined. I think LSU should be #1 to start the year, but preseason polls rarely are even remotely correct, so it's really a poop subject.

And we now can say we are playing the #1 team in the nation to start our season. yay

So how many times has North Texas opened the season against the previous year's national champion? How does that compare to other schools? Seems like we've done this a lot over the years. Anyone feel like a trivia research project?

Did LSU get a capable QB?

According to their fans, yes. But the jury is still out on Mettenberger.

Games at Texas, OU, LSU, Arkansas, Alabama, and Clemson have really been great nailbiters for our program in the last 10 years...I'm sure that our future road games at Florida, Georgia, and Tennessee will be no different than the results of the previous $$$ body bag games.

Those OOC games against Iowa in the future look better and better all the time. We might get killed against them, too, but I'd like our chances to compete with a slow Midwest team than a fast Southern team.

• Upvote 1

So based on an unproven commodity they are worthy of a nod to be listed as top team in the nation?

Based on their unbelievable defense, and strong offense minus the QB position, yes. Mettenberger is incredibly talented, and can actually throw the football. But it remains to be seen how he actually performs on the football field.

So based on an unproven commodity they are worthy of a nod to be listed as top team in the nation?

No they aren't. Fact is Les Miles doesn't have Nick Saban's football IQ. That, combined with Bama recruiting equal talent, and several key players returning, would lead me to believe they are still number one.

Cool to see FIU getting some love. I'm glad we don't have to play them this year. In my first dynasty mode in NCAA Football 13, FIU went 12-0 and made the NC game, and then get destroyed haha.

I wish we'd make it to the NC game. I'd be fine getting killed, ala Clemson in the Orange Bowl, if it meant making it to the big game in only our sixth year of FBS football.

I wish we'd make it to the NC game. I'd be fine getting killed, ala Clemson in the Orange Bowl, if it meant making it to the big game in only our sixth year of FBS football.

Well according to the EA Sports simulation system, it is possible. FIU was the only undefeated team in the country in that, but I've also had Colorado State go undefeated in the 2013 season so I'm not too sure about the whole realism aspect of the simulation this year haha.