Harry

The committee considered the gym across from the Super Pit that is now used extensively by the university for physical education classes, both in the gym and in the classrooms that are also located in the facility.

Is the gym across from the super pit the old 'snake pit'?

We (Athletics) don't own the snake pit. It is not an option. We (Athletics) own a perfectly good building right across the street from the facility where the kids go to get treatment, where they go to lift weights, and next door to their academic center. There is a certain bridge that is being constructed which makes this a manageable walk from Mozart if needed. Both basketball coaches are super excited about this, and yes we (the committee) already have almost all of the money to do both right now. (Practice facility is covered with current commitments and jumbotron is getting close) If anyone would like to contribute to this project they can PM me on this board, or they can call Dan Johnston. We (our committee which Ernie is the chair) are taking five year pledges or lump sum gifts. Be part of the solution.

This facility is going to be first class all of the way. And yes, it is connected to the indoor practice facility for golf (which by the way Ernies says is better than any facility any of his kids went to which include Arizona State, Ok. State, SMU and Texas) and the womens softball offices which have indoor batting facilities.

David

BOOM!

• Upvote 1

We (Athletics) don't own the snake pit. It is not an option. We (Athletics) own a perfectly good building right across the street from the facility where the kids go to get treatment, where they go to lift weights, and next door to their academic center. There is a certain bridge that is being constructed which makes this a manageable walk from Mozart if needed. Both basketball coaches are super excited about this, and yes we (the committee) already have almost all of the money to do both right now. (Practice facility is covered with current commitments and jumbotron is getting close) If anyone would like to contribute to this project they can PM me on this board, or they can call Dan Johnston. We (our committee which Ernie is the chair) are taking five year pledges or lump sum gifts. Be part of the solution.

This facility is going to be first class all of the way. And yes, it is connected to the indoor practice facility for golf (which by the way Ernies says is better than any facility any of his kids went to which include Arizona State, Ok. State, SMU and Texas) and the womens softball offices which have indoor batting facilities.

David

Practice facility AND a jumbotron? Oh my sweet Jesus yes!

This facility is going to be first class all of the way.

David

GREAT to hear! Now we'll have some questions to bug RV with during the cookout. Details baby! We need details! :bling:

To clarify the intent of my earlier rant - it was not to say that you (the athletic dept.) is not doing a fantastic job - far from it!

I think what I've seen over the past 16 years of following NT athletics is that we make progress then stall out for a while. It is just such a critical point right now in all sports but especially basketball to be able to capitalize on the gains we are making. Based on what I'm hearing folks in the Athletics dept feel the same way.

Edited by Stan R

I think the basketball players living at Mozart is a lot more applealing to recruits than Victory... I mean who wouldnt want to live in a dorm with a common area and kitchen shared by 4 people and your own room... Victory has 2 guys per room, common area shared by all, and no kitchen... Victory does have the best food for dorm food but its still not that great

• Upvote 1

And, here we have the typical UNT fan response to just about everything......."let someone else do it". Seems Mr. Kuehne is doing quite a lot already...how about some others stepping up to simply join the Mean Green Club and be part of the solution instead of always waiting for someone else to do it...and then complain about what that other person does or how they do it. It does not matter how much, but rather it matters simply "if".

Just a note here: I am not in any way pointing any fingers at mean green D here as I have no clue...nor should I have a clue as it is none of my business...how much or if mean green D donates...my response is just a general response to the many many so-called Mean green fans who make this their mantra..."let someone else do it while I complain, make make negative comments about those who do and while I sit on the sidelines on my rear end making up every lame excuse in the world why I don't help."

EDIT: Just as an example ...I had several people tell me in emails, on the phone or in person that they would join the Mean Green Club during this year's Mean Green Club Volunteer Rep Campaign period only to have them not do so......yep, "let someone else do it".....

You really shouldnt make a response like that about me until you know my situation. I simply meant we need someone of his abilities inside or out the UNT fandom to help bring the baseball stadium to fruition. I am thankful for good fans like him. I have three children, two with autism. I also work 70 hours a week, so my wife can stay home with our kids. That doesn't afford me a lot of time.

GMG

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

You really shouldnt make a response like that about me until you know my situation. I simply meant we need someone of his abilities inside or out the UNT fandom to help bring the baseball stadium to fruition. I am thankful for good fans like him. I have three children, two with autism. I also work 70 hours a week, so my wife can stay home with our kids. That doesn't afford me a lot of time.

GMG

He literally said that he wasn't pointing the finger at you. Relax man.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

GMG

Obviously, you didn't read the post before you replied...try going back and reading the whole thing....might actually let you see that i was not talking about you and said so...reading compreshension must be a lost art these days...SIGH!

EDIT/Add: Thanks to StormChaser who actually did read the entire post.

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

Obviously, you didn't read the post before you replied...try going back and reading the whole thing....might actually let you see that i was not talking about you and said so...reading compreshension must be a lost art these days...SIGH!

You really shouldn't make a comment about his reading comprehension until you know his situation. ;)

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Wow, the news was so good, he converted from Atheism!

Hahaha. Well played Lifer.

• Upvote 1

Your right I did not read it correctly. Sorry for any misunderstanding on my part. Hope there are no hard feelings.

• Upvote 4

Your right I did not read it correctly. Sorry for any misunderstanding on my part. Hope there are no hard feelings.

Of course not...certainly not. Thanks for going back a re-reading the post.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Ok, so according to data on this site, there has been over 2000 views to this thread. Two people have contacted me about contributing to this fund. One is a current student who I will recommend that he does not contribute because he is already paying the athletic fee. I believe that the contribution is 100% deductable if you are already a mean green club member as there are no benefits except pride that you helped get this thing done. If we want to go places we all need to take ownership of this program.

HELP HELP HELP

PM me.

David

• Upvote 1