2012 college football national TV schedule

Harry

What's that saying about bricks and glass houses... Page 12, #105

This match up was played last season and they drew a crowd of 24,837: http://www.lonestarc...stats/a0917.htm

And you're here to spread just what kind of special cheer and joy to those of us who bleed green?

Big guy, I'll be 62 years old this November and I've lost count of all the times Texas Tech won the Southwest Conference and now the Big 12 in football.

Hey, we know Texas Tech U is a fine school and honest to goodness salt of the earth folks come from the Llano Estacado, too, but why a Red Raider wants to come right into the middle of our Mean Green living room here to take a steamer every time he gets a chance just beats the hell out of me.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

And you're here to spread just what kind of special cheer and joy to those of us who bleed green?

Big guy, I'll be 62 years old this November and I've lost count of all the times Texas Tech won the Southwest Conference and now the Big 12 in football.

Hey, we know Texas Tech U is a fine school and honest to goodness salt of the earth folks come from the Llano Estacado, too, but why a Red Raider wants to come right into the middle of our Mean Green living room here to take a steamer every time he gets a chance just beats the hell out of me.

GMG!

Don't worry. With Tuberville in charge, TTech will be averaging less than us within the next 10 years.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'd like to introduce you to SMUt-University Park's attendance counters.

The attendance figure is correct but , it was the total attendance for the 4 LSC games played that day in Jerry World. This year it will be spread over three days, because of the thursday night CBS telecast , the event will also include a high school game ( Southlake vs. ? ). WT played A&M Kingsville in the finale last year and most of the 24,000 were still there.

Edited by buff64

Don't worry. With Tuberville in charge, TTech will be averaging less than us within the next 10 years.

I'll bet that Tuberville won't be coaching in Lubbock with two years.Their recruiting has dried up, their mad scientist genius got fired and took away their one advantage they had, and they arent exactly located within 4 hours of any major metropolitan area. I think that Tech will continue to fall back pretty hard in the Big XII in everything. They had the lowest amount of conference wins by an AQ member in the 4 big sports in 2012. They went something like 26-89. It was atrocious.

That all said, I am still majorly jealous of them for finding a way to be the biggest tick on the UT hound all of these years. I guess when you have one section of a huge state all to yourself, its a bit easier to do that.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'll bet that Tuberville won't be coaching in Lubbock with two years.Their recruiting has dried up, their mad scientist genius got fired and took away their one advantage they had, and they arent exactly located within 4 hours of any major metropolitan area. I think that Tech will continue to fall back pretty hard in the Big XII in everything. They had the lowest amount of conference wins by an AQ member in the 4 big sports in 2012. They went something like 26-89. It was atrocious.

That all said, I am still majorly jealous of them for finding a way to be the biggest tick on the UT hound all of these years. I guess when you have one section of a huge state all to yourself, its a bit easier to do that.

how exactly has their recruiting dried up?

they were #24 last year and #13 the year before that

in 2010 under cult of mike they were #36 09 #30 08 #51 (matching up with an injury filled 2011 team) 07 #44 (matching up with an injury filled 2011 team) 06#17 (the highest for cult of mike in his decade) 05 #36

currently they are #48 with only 8 players so far and many months to go...Stanford with only 5 players is just ahead of them (I guess it is drying up for them too) then Boise ans WVU and then it starts getting into teams with double digit numbers after that

Tuberville has better stats than cult of mike in pretty much anything that matters......won his division in the SEC, won the SEC, went to a BCS game, won a BCS game, and had a #2 ranking and an undefeated season

he averaged 8.5 wins a season in the SEC to mikes 8.4 in the Big 12

5 teams in the top 15 to mikes 1

2 teams in the top 10 to mikes none

2 outright SEC division titles to mikes none

2 more shared to mikes one

2 seasons with 11+ wins to mikes 1

6 seasons with 9+ wins to mikes 4

clearly Tuberville recruits better even at Tech and he is clearly a more accomplished coach in everything, but cult following building

teams in the SEC have up and down seasons even top coaches have up and down seasons.....I suppose you think that cult of mike is a better coach than Mack Brown because Mack Brown had a 5-7 season as well one year and I guess recruiting fell off the map for Texas as well

if people that actually mattered and that had a brain thought mike was half the coach that his cult following thinks he is he would have gotten at least one of the "better" jobs he begged for while at Tech and he would have not had to sit out 2 years before winding up at WSU......but the reailty is only people that say things like "mike will have WSU winning 9-10 wins per season every year at WSU" think he is an awesome coach because they are forgetting that while at Tech mike won 10 or more games in a season 1 time in 10 years

I am sure Tech fans appreciate your concerns for them, but I would imagine their coach will fix things up sooner than later and if he doesn't they have the resources to try again and they will still be ahead of where they would have been with no recruiting spare bowl cult of mike

impossible unless they drop football

Edited by GL2Greatness
  • Downvote 8

in 2010 under cult of mike they were #36 09 #30 08 #51 (matching up with an injury filled 2011 team) 07 #44 (matching up with an injury filled 2011 team) 06#17 (the highest for cult of mike in his decade) 05 #36

currently they are #48 with only 8 players so far and many months to go...Stanford with only 5 players is just ahead of them (I guess it is drying up for them too) then Boise ans WVU and then it starts getting into teams with double digit numbers after that

Tuberville has better stats than cult of mike in pretty much anything that matters......won his division in the SEC, won the SEC, went to a BCS game, won a BCS game, and had a #2 ranking and an undefeated season

clearly Tuberville recruits better even at Tech and he is clearly a more accomplished coach in everything, but cult following building

teams in the SEC have up and down seasons even top coaches have up and down seasons.....I suppose you think that cult of mike is a better coach than Mack Brown because Mack Brown had a 5-7 season as well one year and I guess recruiting fell off the map for Texas as well

if people that actually mattered and that had a brain thought mike was half the coach that his cult following thinks he is he would have gotten at least one of the "better" jobs he begged for while at Tech and he would have not had to sit out 2 years before winding up at WSU......but the reailty is only people that say things like "mike will have WSU winning 9-10 wins per season every year at WSU" think he is an awesome coach because they are forgetting that while at Tech mike won 10 or more games in a season 1 time in 10 years

I am sure Tech fans appreciate your concerns for them, but I would imagine their coach will fix things up sooner than later and if he doesn't they have the resources to try again and they will still be ahead of where they would have been with no recruiting spare bowl cult of mike

The problem with Texas Tech is that they are located in Lubbuttocks, TX.

They will ride the coat-tails of UT forever, and if that tie is ever severed, they will fall into mediocrity at-best because they won't be able to pull the 4 star guys out of populated areas in Texas anymore. Recruiting will consist of Llano Estacado and Abilene.

I like Tuberville, but I hope he fails out there.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

jmofu.gif

• Upvote 2

The problem with Texas Tech is that they are located in Lubbuttocks, TX.

They will ride the coat-tails of UT forever, and if that tie is ever severed, they will fall into mediocrity at-best because they won't be able to pull the 4 star guys out of populated areas in Texas anymore. Recruiting will consist of Llano Estacado and Abilene.

I like Tuberville, but I hope he fails out there.

and how is being in a dallas suburb working out for unT......oh wait it is really not.......still having nearly a decade of losing, poor recruiting, and generally taking zero advantage of all that "potential"

funny over 3X the number of fans turn out to see Tech in Lubbock (probably more of them from DFW than unT draws total) every year year in and year out

this forum right now reminds me of the "great" DD years......"thrashing" a HORRIBLE Baylor team and th enext year was just going to be the greatest evAR.....Baylor was probably going to get kicked from the Big 12, TCU was about to slide downhill fo another decade, SMU was going to stay bad forever, some new great conference was going to come calling, the stadium was just a year or two away, unT was going to thrash a really bad Baylor team the next year again and ride that glorious win into infamy

then reality set in and it has been 8 straight losing seasons, TCU is now in the Big 12 with several BCS games under their belt, SMU has been to and won several bowl games recently, Baylor just came off their best season in a long time with a Heisman QB that was a high draft pick, Baylor is having their best year athletically in a long time, SMU and UH moved to a better conference (well to anyone with a brain cell which of course leaves out many on this forum), unT moved to a conference with UTSA a school that most thought was 15 years away from being in D1-A much less in the same conference with unT.....that conference has other "move ups" in it now as well, the money is still bad, the stadium finally opened a number of years late, it did not even sell out the first game, it averaged just over half full for the year with the most attractive home schedule in a number of years.......but here are the members of this forum predicting doom and gloom for a number of other programs again, telling programs like NMSU and Idaho they should give it up (even though NMSU has a larger athletics budget and averaged just a few thousand fans less than unT in a much smaller market and sucking for decades and their basketball averages MORE fans the last year while unT was in theiir "20 wins" and (nothing to show for it) phase

oh yea the members of this forum are great prognosticators on how college athletics will shake out

here is a hint before you go telling other programs how they will be doing for the next decade or what level of competition they will or won't be at try mixing in more than a single bowl win in the last few decades, try supporting your own program so it does not have to drop down to D1-A, try getting your own fans to show up even if it means giving them free chicken, try getting into a conference based on something besides media market size before you lecture other programs about doing the same, try having a decent recruiting class, try getting more than 5 home games in a season in a brand new stadium, try selling it out or even filling it 75% for the season

then maybe people will actually take you serious when you start telling them where other programs are headed for the next decade

Edited by GL2Greatness
  • Downvote 3

and how is being in a dallas suburb working out for unT......oh wait it is really not.......still having nearly a decade of losing, poor recruiting, and generally taking zero advantage of all that "potential"

funny over 3X the number of fans turn out to see Tech in Lubbock (probably more of them from DFW than unT draws total) every year year in and year out

this forum right now reminds me of the "great" DD years......"thrashing" a HORRIBLE Baylor team and th enext year was just going to be the greatest evAR.....Baylor was probably going to get kicked from the Big 12, TCU was about to slide downhill fo another decade, SMU was going to stay bad forever, some new great conference was going to come calling, the stadium was just a year or two away, unT was going to thrash a really bad Baylor team the next year again and ride that glorious win into infamy

then reality set in and it has been 8 straight losing seasons, TCU is now in the Big 12 with several BCS games under their belt, SMU has been to and won several bowl games recently, Baylor just came off their best season in a long time with a Heisman QB that was a high draft pick, Baylor is having their best year athletically in a long time, SMU and UH moved to a better conference (well to anyone with a brain cell which of course leaves out many on this forum), unT moved to a conference with UTSA a school that most thought was 15 years away from being in D1-A much less in the same conference with unT.....that conference has other "move ups" in it now as well, the money is still bad, the stadium finally opened a number of years late, it did not even sell out the first game, it averaged just over half full for the year with the most attractive home schedule in a number of years.......but here are the members of this forum predicting doom and gloom for a number of other programs again, telling programs like NMSU and Idaho they should give it up (even though NMSU has a larger athletics budget and averaged just a few thousand fans less than unT in a much smaller market and sucking for decades and their basketball averages MORE fans the last year while unT was in theiir "20 wins" and (nothing to show for it) phase

oh yea the members of this forum are great prognosticators on how college athletics will shake out

here is a hint before you go telling other programs how they will be doing for the next decade or what level of competition they will or won't be at try mixing in more than a single bowl win in the last few decades, try supporting your own program so it does not have to drop down to D1-A, try getting your own fans to show up even if it means giving them free chicken, try getting into a conference based on something besides media market size before you lecture other programs about doing the same, try having a decent recruiting class, try getting more than 5 home games in a season in a brand new stadium, try selling it out or even filling it 75% for the season

then maybe people will actually take you serious when you start telling them where other programs are headed for the next decade

Wait, you've been hanging out here for about a decade? That's impressive dedication, but why?

• Upvote 1

I hate to do this, since I literally have you ignored, but for the rest of the board's entertainment, I will answer this bs. Yes, their recruiting in previous years was higher ranked, but it is abysmal compared to the other Big Texas schools right now. Texas, A&M, Baylor, and TCU will finish ahead of them, and I wouldn't be surprised to see SMU and Houston close to them (yikes!!) Don't include OU or OSU in this or it gets worse. Tuberville is an SEC defense-first guy. His record of success was built on his great Auburn defenses and running game. Those aren't going to work at a place liked Tech. Lubbock isn't conducive to big-time recruits. Leach made his craziness work because of his offense, his ability to take low-rated recruits and fit them into his crazy system and, to be honest, his scheduling. Tech hasn't played an AQ OOC game in like 9 years. Their OOC has always included at least one FCS team and often has a WAC/MWC/CUSA team as well. His offense was genius, but his defense was mediocre to bad, as they usually had 2 to 3 star talent on that side of the ball. Now, Leach leaves, Tech starts sliding back big time, and Tuberville's hot seat in Lubbock is cooking. He can't get defensive talent to match his scheme because they aren't the "up-and-comer school with the cool coach" anymore, he cannot keep a DC, and his offense is some weird version of spread/3 yards of dust. Last year was just awful for them, with no bowl game, even though they beat #1 OU on the road (biggest fluke win in years). Most folks believe that they aren't going to do anything in conference again this year. This is what lies ahed for them in the Big XII in 2012:

@ Iowa State--loss--lost big time at home to ISU last year

Oklahoma--loss (no more fluke, like last year)

West Virginia--loss--they won a BCS Bowl game last year

@TCU--loss--Tech took them off the schedule last year because TT said "TCU isn't a team we are ready to play right now"

@Kansas State--loss (got beat last year at home in Lubbock)

Texas--loss (got trucked in Austin last year--Horns barely threw a pass and still crushed them)

Kansas--win (KU is terrible)

@Oklahoma State--loss (absolute prison raping in Lubbock last year)

Baylor in Arlington--tossup. (Huge beatdown in Arlington last year, although Baylor had their Heisman QB)

Its nice (pathetic) of you to find yet another non-UNT school to defend on our website, but this is one where the future is bleak. Tech may finish 6-6 at best, but my money is on 4-5 win season for them, and TT will enter 2013 needing a winning season to keep his job. I'll go back to ignoring your posts.

You do realize that no one reads your... posts, right?

Troll on.

• Upvote 3

tumblr_m4gb0rsKaZ1r79k32.gif

How many times have attendance issues been brought up on this forum yet the first comment is poking fun at the potential draw for a D-II game? I guess I'm the only one who sees the irony.

Look at my post history and you'll find I've been one of the bigger Mean Green supporters compared to other posters from visiting schools.

Edited by NThomas
  • Downvote 1