Apogee Stadium ranked 118 out of 124 FBS stadiums

meangreendrew

Bleacher Report is essentially a blog. The 'contributors' are just like you and I. They are sports fans that want to write. Any one of us could write for the Bleacher Report. It is 99.9999% volunteer and there only a few paid or professional writers. I don't even think they will allow a professional writer that was not a free contributor because that is their niche. Students can use this website to practice, get feedback, and build a resume. Or a sports fan that wants to sway opinion can post an article. Every time I see this site quoted as a 'source' it just makes me giggle. Its been a fantastic marketing tool and is modeled after financial websites like Motley Fool.

I would love to see Harry's stuff on there because he is an excellent (and balanced) writer. There is a guy with the pen name "Toby Writes" that either went to NT or some Sun Belt school. He is also a pretty balanced writer. Just keep in mind that these writers are doing the articles on a volunteer basis. There are no editors (they use peer editing) and its really just a well packaged message board.

What do you say Plumm? How about an article from you?

Source: “It’s a meritocracy,” Grey says. (Lewis and I spoke with him separately.) About 1 percent of B/R’s 7,000 contributors receive stipends ranging from “a few hundred to a couple thousand dollars per month.” The effect is to reward those who deserve it — the site’s best writers and top traffic-getters — while giving everyone else something to reach for. Grey calls it “the gamification of the contributor base.” Not that getting paid is the only incentive. For many contributors who are also fans, “to be seen as an authority on their team is a motivating factor,” he says.

Edited by stebo
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Some of Bleacher Reports articles are good, some awful, and most in between. They are actually quoted when there is something someone likes, didn't I hear at every home football the Green Brigade was selected the best college band in America. Guess what the source of that great honor was and frankly I was amazed that anyone in any kind of official capacity would dare to use that accolade in public. Writers are beaten down often when people don't agree no matter how well done the article is written, and that is true with professionals as well as amateurs.

If you don't consider the source in today's news world, you are probably better off never reading or listening to anything.