Vito Identifies potential football transfer

Harry

Reggie Pegram, a running back who spent the first two seasons of his career at Purdue, visited UNT's practice on Wednesday afternoon and is strongly considering transferring to the school.

Pegram is the cousin of former UNT greats Erric Pegram and Brandon Kennedy.

"It's close to home and I have taken a look at their offense on film," Pegram said. "I like what they do."

Read more: http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/archives/2012/04/reggie-peagram-leaning-towards.html

while we can take all the transfers from BIG 6 programs we can take.... I am a slight bit underwhelmed by his stats on top of the fact that his offers were from Purdue, NT and Buffalo. We are solid at RB for years to come.... I hope that he has a hidden DB talent.

How can you say we're solid at RB when the ones we have haven't really even played?

• Upvote 2

Vito is using the word star very loosely, however he does look like he could be a good pick up. If he is anything like his cousins, watch out. Everyone knows about Booger, but Erric Pegram was also one of the best running backs ever at NT. Not great stats because he played on awful teams, but he was the real deal. In fact, I would rate him as good as Dunbar and Cobbs.

Edited by GrandGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Vito is using the word star very loosely, however he does look like he could be a good pick up. If he is anything like his cousins, watch out. Everyone knows about Booger, but Erric Pegram was also one of the best running backs ever at NT. Not great stats because he played on awful teams, but he was the real deal. In fact, I would rate him as good as Dunbar and Cobbs.

Pegram was also a decent running back with the Steelers.

• Upvote 1

ummmm....what article??

Rivals

Scout

Sorry . . . I was referring to the article Harry posted in the other thread.

Pegram is only a 2-star commitment from Texas, but he had some pretty good offers on the table. Oklahoma State and Texas A&M were his best offers other than Purdue.

http://www.hammerandrails.com/2009/10/21/1095144/welcome-to-the-fold-reggie-pegram

• Upvote 1

Actually Pegram played on teams that we're consistently ranked in the top 10 in 1AA. Those were damn good teams. He had a decent career with the Falcons & Steelers.