WKU vs Kentucky

UNT90

it's a good place to be. nobody expects jack from us.

it's a bad place to be. they're like playing 7 tony mitchells.

but i've followed sports too long to say we have ZERO chance. we only had a 1.4% chance of winning 4 games in 4 days according to the ken pom robots and pretty much any other source.

i was at dayton. sitting in the midst of all 50 ms. valley state fans. they gave us nosebleeds so i moved at halftime and that's where the open seats were.

as the delta devils were dunking on us on alley oops and building up their lead i never got shook. i really didn't expect us to come back from 16 but i knew we'd at least make it respectable by closing time.

when we started making our run it got eerily quiet...except for my 2 grown sons that didn't have the good sense to not yell every time we turned them over in the middle of their fan section.

i kept mine down to silent tiger woods fist pumps on each steal. our state is ate up with the blue. i'm sure you guys could relate to playing texas in a huge bowl game where nobody is giving you a chance.

but these kids have bought into ray harper's kool-aide and you can't convince them they don't have a chance. i couldn't spend the money for tix in louieville today but i'll be calmy watching it on the 52" sharp aquos from the comfort of my living room.

go tops.

• Upvote 5

WKU came back from 13 down to UNT and 16 down the other night. I'll have to give them credit where it's due. WKU is doing what's necessary to win so my hat is off to them.

I predicted UNT would be dancing and WKU blew up my March Madness Kool Aid drinking fun. I hope WKU comes back from 16 down, or better yet is up by 16 on KU and wins.

They deserve the props. The refs didn't give them any of the game they've won recently. I know buy that WKU's success helps UNT. WKU's success helps WKU, and any success UNT earns will help UNT.

Can't wait until next year!!!! It's going to be a long off season!!!

it's a good place to be. nobody expects jack from us.

it's a bad place to be. they're like playing 7 tony mitchells.

but i've followed sports too long to say we have ZERO chance. we only had a 1.4% chance of winning 4 games in 4 days according to the ken pom robots and pretty much any other source.

i was at dayton. sitting in the midst of all 50 ms. valley state fans. they gave us nosebleeds so i moved at halftime and that's where the open seats were.

as the delta devils were dunking on us on alley oops and building up their lead i never got shook. i really didn't expect us to come back from 16 but i knew we'd at least make it respectable by closing time.

when we started making our run it got eerily quiet...except for my 2 grown sons that didn't have the good sense to not yell every time we turned them over in the middle of their fan section.

i kept mine down to silent tiger woods fist pumps on each steal. our state is ate up with the blue. i'm sure you guys could relate to playing texas in a huge bowl game where nobody is giving you a chance.

but these kids have bought into ray harper's kool-aide and you can't convince them they don't have a chance. i couldn't spend the money for tix in louieville today but i'll be calmy watching it on the 52" sharp aquos from the comfort of my living room.

go tops.

You get all poetic with your Kentucky bball talk.

All I keep imagining is that this game would be like us making it as a 16 seed, playing #1 seed Texas in Dallas. Sure, our kids would be pumped to play against Texas. And our fans would no doubt bring up the 1988 football game, using this to convince themselves that the team will have a real chance to pull the upset. Unfortunately, history tells us that we would lose by 20 or more.

WKU has a ton of history and a lot of high quality SBC players. They even get to play in Louisville. But UK is an NBA-lite team. At best, WKU keeps it within 15 points, but I think Kentucky wins this by 30 or more.

Found this gem off youtube (WKU beat UK by 24 points)

As I said in the game thread, Go Tops.

thanks for the clip. rupp had always avoided diddle. the ncaa wouldn't let him that year.

big time racial undertones in the game. rupp had insinuated a.a. center jim mcdaniels wasn't intelligent enough to understand something.

the uk fans called us the western ky blacktoppers or john oldham's ni**ers.

i was 1 of only 2 kids in the 7th grade that was pulling for the hometown team. needless to say i stuck it in some faces on return to school.

• Downvote 1