North Texas vs. Florida Atlantic

UNTFan23

Game time is 2:45 on the Convention Center Court.

Attendance is important for this game as the place can really get hopping if one team's crowd gets fired up. I had a blast last year when the NT Men played FAU who came back in the 2nd half.

• Upvote 1

FAU timeout!

North Texas 21

FAU 6

Godbolt hits her 2 FTs. We're looking pretty good but FAU has switched to a zone which has given these girls a lot of trouble through the season.

Begs the question, is Aston free game to question her coaching prowess (unjustifiably) the way some constantly take digs at JJ (equally unfairly). Something about a goose and a gander.

They both are fair game, but I am more apt to give Coach Aston a pass this year since this is year one and she doesn't have her players in place yet.

You never know, but going into a slow down offense is always risky and leads very often to what happened in this game. FAU press was much more effective than it should have been, but still if it were not for some just dumb plays; NT should have won easily. FAU buoyed on by their 3 fans should have never came back but give them a lot of credit, they just out played NT and wanted it a lot more in the second half.

I think this year is not only a learning experience for the team but Aston. The Belt is not a bad WBB league and you have to play hard and smart every game. The good thing is that there is lots of help on the way, every player on the current team is going to have to get better to play much next year. I think at least three newcomers will be starters early for NT.

For me, while this loss was very disappointing...and very hard to witness in person...the team did meet Coach Aston's expectations for the year. I was able to talk to her a few seconds at the Coaches show on Friday night in Hot Springs, and told her how proud I was of how this team responded for the year. After cahtting with Coach Aston, I was reminded that her goal was to win 15 games...the win over Troy gave her and the team their 15th win. Nicely done ladies. Then, they were up 18 over FAU and for the want of using a time out...when they had three time outs left (seems JJ has been blasted for his use of time outs this year as I recall) they blow that 18 point lead and lose. If the time out had been called with our player caught in the corner...by either the player or Coach Aston, I truly believe that UNT wins that game....but THAT'S BASKETBALL.....tough loss, but we should not let the way the season ended do anything to dampen the excitement generated by Coach Aston and her team this season. Good things are happening for the UNT ladies and I fully expect that next year the UNT lady eagles will be in the tournament finals.

Well done ladies and Coach Aston...thanks for the exciting season.

Oh, but for that time out being called..........