Is 2012 Done?

SHOSS

Are we done?

I know we've got Tulane and SMU sniffing around some of our commits, but Mac said we are awarding 23 schollies...so, here is my current list with rankings and where they come from...

Commit# F Name L Name Pos ESPN Scout Rivals High hs/jc/xfer

1 Boone Feldt OT 3 2 3 3 hs

2 Devante Davis S 3 2 2 3 hs

3 Malik Dilonga DE 3 2 2 3 hs

4 Brad Horton DE 2 2 2 2 hs

5 Xavier Kelly CB 2 2 3 3 hs

6 Royce LaFrance OLB 2 2 3 2 hs <-- Offer Tulane

7 Andrew Tucker RB 2 nr 3 3 hs

8 Nick Schrapps WR 2 2 3 3 hs

9 Rodrick Lancaster WR nr 2 3 2 hs

10 Sir Calvin Wallace DT nr 2 2 2 hs

11 Rex Rollins RB nr 2 2 2 hs

12 Jarrian Roberts LB nr 2 2 hs

13 Dylan McDorman DT nr 2 2 2 hs

14 Chase Walling OT nr 2 2 2 hs <-- Offer smu

15 Dustin Clark OLB nr 2 2 hs

16 Mark Lewis RB 3 nr nr 3 hs

17 Christian Hines WR hs

18 Cam Feldt OT 4 3 4 4 xfer 2010

19 Marcus Trice S nr 4 4 4 xfer 2009

20 Sam Rice OT 3 3 2 3 hs <-- Offer smu

21 David Busby DB 3 3 2 3 hs

22 Carlos Harris RB/SR nr nr nr hs

23 D.Q. Johnson DB nr 3 3 juco

Are we done?

I know we've got Tulane and SMU sniffing around some of our commits, but Mac said we are awarding 23 schollies...so, here is my current list with rankings and where they come from...

Commit# F Name L Name Pos ESPN Scout Rivals High hs/jc/xfer

1 Boone Feldt OT 3 2 3 3 hs

2 Devante Davis S 3 2 2 3 hs

3 Malik Dilonga DE 3 2 2 3 hs

4 Brad Horton DE 2 2 2 2 hs

5 Xavier Kelly CB 2 2 3 3 hs

6 Royce LaFrance OLB 2 2 3 2 hs <-- Offer Tulane

7 Andrew Tucker RB 2 nr 3 3 hs

8 Nick Schrapps WR 2 2 3 3 hs

9 Rodrick Lancaster WR nr 2 3 2 hs

10 Sir Calvin Wallace DT nr 2 2 2 hs

11 Rex Rollins RB nr 2 2 2 hs

12 Jarrian Roberts LB nr 2 2 hs

13 Dylan McDorman DT nr 2 2 2 hs

14 Chase Walling OT nr 2 2 2 hs <-- Offer smu

15 Dustin Clark OLB nr 2 2 hs

16 Mark Lewis RB 3 nr nr 3 hs

17 Christian Hines WR hs

18 Cam Feldt OT 4 3 4 4 xfer 2010

19 Marcus Trice S nr 4 4 4 xfer 2009

20 Sam Rice OT 3 3 2 3 hs <-- Offer smu

21 David Busby DB 3 3 2 3 hs

22 Carlos Harris RB/SR nr nr nr hs

23 D.Q. Johnson DB nr 3 3 juco

If we hang on to all these commits I really like this class. I especially like the strong emphasis on HS recruits.

GBT

If the recruiting is completed, why are recruits and their families still visiting North Texas?

I am sure the staff has back up plans in case any current commitments flip to another school.

Mansfield QB Je'ron Evans, and Flower Mound OG Ryan Rentfro, 6-4, 300,

are scheduled to visit North Texas. I would like to know the other recruits that will

visit NT during the last 2 recruiting weeks.

I think there will be some unexpected comitment opportunities to develope

as recruiting comes to a end on LOI day. How will the staff make room for

2-4 more quality players?

Interesting note. Troy has signed 13 JUCO players to their 2012 class, and has 14 high school commitments.

If the recruiting is completed, why are recruits and their families still visiting North Texas?

I am sure the staff has back up plans in case any current commitments flip to another school.

Mansfield QB Je'ron Evans, and Flower Mound OG Ryan Rentfro, 6-4, 300,

are scheduled to visit North Texas. I would like to know the other recruits that will

visit NT during the last 2 recruiting weeks.

I think there will be some unexpected comitment opportunities to develope

as recruiting comes to a end on LOI day. How will the staff make room for

2-4 more quality players?

Interesting note. Troy has signed 13 JUCO players to their 2012 class, and has 14 high school commitments.

As much as I want this team to start winning, and winning big. I am opposed to the idea of oversigning. But, we shall see...

• Upvote 1

So, if a "spot" opened up for Flower Mound Marcus OG Ryan Rentfro, 6-4, 300, does that means

a current commit has flipped to another school? Walling to $MU? Maybe Coach McCarney pulled

a scholarship from a prospect because the prospect was wavering on his college choice.

I would expect several more last minute recruit changes before recruiting is done.

So, if a "spot" opened up for Flower Mound Marcus OG Ryan Rentfro, 6-4, 300, does that means

a current commit has flipped to another school? Walling to $MU? Maybe Coach McCarney pulled

a scholarship from a prospect because the prospect was wavering on his college choice.

I would expect several more last minute recruit changes before recruiting is done.

If I were Mac I would have pulled Walling's scholarship....the kid has gone public with how he feels. He will regret that when we start our series against SMU and lay him out.

If I were Mac I would have pulled Walling's scholarship....the kid has gone public with how he feels. He will regret that when we start our series against SMU and lay him out.

Bingo. I'll take a kid who truly wants to be here over one who doesn't any day of the week. Plus, Rentfro seems like a pretty good player with good size.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I rechecked the ranking sources and found a couple missing. Neither Sam Rice nor Christian Hines show commitments to North Texas. In the case of Rice, he doesn't even list us as an interest team. Hines isn't listed on 247, Scout, ESPN or Rivals period. The two newest commitments aren't listed either but they are relatively new and should show up soon.

• Upvote 1

Maybe I missed something . . . did he badmouth UNT? All I recall hearing him say was that he was struggling with his decision. I imagine some of the posters at gmg.com struggled with their decisions on which college to attend.

Maybe I missed something . . . did he badmouth UNT? All I recall hearing him say was that he was struggling with his decision. I imagine some of the posters at gmg.com struggled with their decisions on which college to attend.

The young man has been nothing but respectful.... Just more of us hating smu... I am guilty of this too... But Mr walling has done nothing wrong.

• Upvote 3

"The biggest difference to me is the academic education I’d get and job opportunities after graduation,” he said. “I’m thinking way down the line, how graduating from SMU would look compared to graduating from North Texas."

"The academic opportunity, the Big East, which is a big deal to me, and I’ll be closer to home so I can see all the stuff my brothers are doing and they can come watch me,” Walling said. “Plus the winning tradition, the fan base and [sMU] has better facilities to be honest. All that plays a factor."

Yeah you are right...he wasn't disrespectful but he also laying out some very public verbiage about how he feels SMU is superior to North Texas in every capacity which makes it hard for other players who are tossed up (and we have one) to justify coming to North Texas. If you are going to decommit then just do it.... don't go touting our hated pseudo-rival as being better than us in everything from education to facilities (that last one I have to disagree with).

"The biggest difference to me is the academic education I’d get and job opportunities after graduation,” he said. “I’m thinking way down the line, how graduating from SMU would look compared to graduating from North Texas."

"The academic opportunity, the Big East, which is a big deal to me, and I’ll be closer to home so I can see all the stuff my brothers are doing and they can come watch me,” Walling said. “Plus the winning tradition, the fan base and [sMU] has better facilities to be honest. All that plays a factor."

Yeah you are right...he wasn't disrespectful but he also laying out some very public verbiage about how he feels SMU is superior to North Texas in every capacity which makes it hard for other players who are tossed up (and we have one) to justify coming to North Texas. If you are going to decommit then just do it.... don't go touting our hated pseudo-rival as being better than us in everything from education to facilities (that last one I have to disagree with).

I think we can all agree that SMU does have a great winning tradition....when they pay players......Besides that they don't really have any winning tradition to speak of....