Aftershock from June Jones saga

Harry

Working on the SMU sidelines for the past 3 years I have come away very impressed with Adrian Klemm. The guy joined June's staff a few years back as an unpaid assistant and very quickly turned into an outstanding OL coach and his recruiting ability has been award winning. His in game adjustments and ability to get through to his linemen was very noticeable from drive to drive. He turned a not that great OL into a solid one in very short order.

After winning a few SB's withe Pats, getting great D1 assistant experience under a seasoned and well respected head coach, and showing the ability to land recruits out of state - AK will be a head coach down the road if he wants it. Great dude and easily the most impressive coach on June's staff. Wish him all the best at UCLA.

Go Mean Green!

• Upvote 1

Working on the SMU sidelines for the past 3 years I have come away very impressed with Adrian Klemm. The guy joined June's staff a few years back as an unpaid assistant and very quickly turned into an outstanding OL coach and his recruiting ability has been award winning. His in game adjustments and ability to get through to his linemen was very noticeable from drive to drive. He turned a not that great OL into a solid one in very short order.

After winning a few SB's withe Pats, getting great D1 assistant experience under a seasoned and well respected head coach, and showing the ability to land recruits out of state - AK will be a head coach down the road if he wants it. Great dude and easily the most impressive coach on June's staff. Wish him all the best at UCLA.

Go Mean Green!

I'm not sure about some of that stuff. AK is a great guy. The players love him, and we all know he can recruit his ass off (even out recruit USC and UCLA at times). But I doubt his actual coaching abilities at the moment (as in a major coordinating position). That OL littered with seniors looked far from impressive. We also have very little knowledge as to how he can manage with x's and o's. He may turn out to be a genius, or another dud. I am saddened to see him go as a recruiter, but I wouldn't be so fast to name him a head coach (let alone an OC). Time will tell though.

Edited by Comet7745
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm not sure about some of that stuff. AK is a great guy. The players love him, and we all know he can recruit his ass off (even out recruit USC and UCLA at times). But I doubt his actual coaching abilities at the moment. That OL littered with seniors looked far from impressive. We also have very little idea about how we can manage with x's and o's. He may turn out to be a genius, or another dud. I am saddened to see him go as a recruiter, but I wouldn't be so fast to name him a head coach (let alone an OC). Time will tell though.

X's and O's are not problem for the guy.

• Upvote 1

Are any of the threads in Mean Green Football about Mean Green Football anymore? Why fight it?

SMU is on our non conference football schedule for four straight years starting in 2013. They are the closest thing to a rival we have in football.

Wish the Mean Green could get these guys, but it would have to be an away game since they refuse to set foot in Apogee.

I'd like to play because I think we could beat them. And our players feel the same way. If they'd like to play on a Safeway parking lot ... just give us a date and time.

SMU is on our non conference football schedule for four straight years starting in 2013. They are the closest thing to a rival we have in football.

Harry...at least you gave me a good laugh...until SMU starts scheduling UNT on a regular basis there is no way on God's Green earth that SMU is a rival. Seems a bit of a stretch to justify why this is in the UNT football thread...but, you are the man...so the rules are yours to make and break. Go for it!

• Downvote 2

Harry...at least you gave me a good laugh...until SMU starts scheduling UNT on a regular basis there is no way on God's Green earth that SMU is a rival. Seems a bit of a stretch to justify why this is in the UNT football thread...but, you are the man...so the rules are yours to make and break. Go for it!

Four straight years is pretty regularly! And neither of us has openings next year so that is as soon as it can be done.