MWC and CUSA form alliance

All About UNT

Uh, we're probably screwed with this for the moment, but we should all know by now how these moments seem to change like the Texas weather. Someone will want this market one day and we're the only one who can give it to them.

All these 2 leagues have done is merely re-arrange the deck chairs it seems to me or......is there just comfort in numbers for those having to experience misery together?

GMG!

PS: Just take care of business, North Texas....just like TCU did after about 4 conference memberships gave them what they eventually wanted, but do not do our usual thing and start retreating again. That has us where we are today and have been for over 2 1/2 decades.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Settle down Plumm. Conference realignment still has a few years left.

The Big East hasn't made its move.

The SEC needs at least one more.

The Big 12 is still short two schools.

The ACC might want to go to 16.

And the NCAA still hasn't said if it will allow 16+ team associations to have multiple playoff games.

And the MWC-CUSA group may lose 3 schools and be at 19. They would need 1 more school to have two divisions of 10.

Help me with this. It seems to me that if SMU goes to the Big East, a MWC/CUSA merger will leave both (or the new) conferences without a presence in the DFW market. Isn't that good for North Texas, assumming MWC/CUSA WANT a presence in DFW ?

GO MEAN GREEN

It would make sense yes...but this thing just became very fragile with the MW/ConfUSA merger. However, I have faith that RV has an ace hidden in his sleeve to get us the heck out of the Sunbelt. It is not our future....no way, no how. The super boosters, politicians and lawyers involved in the whole conference realignment keep making this highly delicate. After reading this news today, who knows what will happen now.

But honestly....being left in the Sunbelt scares me to death.

JRock

Me neither. We got to this dance too late.

Not so fast. I don't think either CUSA or the MWC want to leave behind a Top 5 media market like DFW within their footprint unrepresented. It's all about selling metro TVs to ESPN now in these new TV contract rights negotiations.