Love This Defense

UNTLifer

IU picked up some momentum after the Thompson pick. He looked bad with a couple of TDs being great plays by Bynes & Outlaw. Anyway, that's another discussion...

The D looked like it was playing Cover 2 man quite a bit at the end and got toasted for it. Oh well, a wins a win!!!

• Downvote 2

I was SO impressed with our D tonight. giving up only 14 points and those 2 TD's were on busted coverage. We have a lot of coaching and growing up to be done, but I felt so good about our D during the game. I can tell that Mac and Bowen have been working their asses off to coach these guys up and it will only get better with time!

love the hard hitting I saw tonight and I love the fact we have coaches coaching on the sidelines in between series

Barring the cheapshot plays from IU, our D looked intense. I see huge improvement between tonight and FIU. Blocks are broken or just run over, tackles are fullbody, and our guys are swarming the ballcarrier.

Tonight was impressive, despite improvements they can make.

Herron blasted their QB, Hill, other than trying to get his shoe back on, had a fantastic game, Stojikovic is playing great, and I predict we will talk about him like we do Kassel, Gross, Spencer, Hurd, etc... by his senior year, Warner, Downing, AK, Sarge, Wright, Orr, etc... Were impressive. Add a little consistency and we will be fine. I'm just so pleased to see us laying the wood to the opponent again. Four sacks against Bama, four or five tonight are positives, and the overall effort is always there. We are headed in the right direction and improving weekly.

My group and I were talking during the game about Tackling and what we are seeing. It seemed to us to be night and day from years past. Maybe getting back to the Dickey/DeLoach days. Guys are making hard hitting wrapped up tackles that get the job done at first contact the vast majority of the time. Versus the broken arm tackles of the past. Same with special teams I was thinking about what a nightmare our Kickoff coverage was the last four years. I am excited by what I am seeing and it just seems to be getting better from week to week. Is 9 - 3 a possibility

My group and I were talking during the game about Tackling and what we are seeing. It seemed to us to be night and day from years past. Maybe getting back to the Dickey/DeLoach days. Guys are making hard hitting wrapped up tackles that get the job done at first contact the vast majority of the time. Versus the broken arm tackles of the past. Same with special teams I was thinking about what a nightmare our Kickoff coverage was the last four years. I am excited by what I am seeing and it just seems to be getting better from week to week. Is 9 - 3 a possibility

Whoa! Let's not get greedy. 5 wins is the mark I think we will hit.

Are you going to Tulsa get week?

Edited by UNT90

Biggest problem in the 4th was the lack of LB pressure (playcalling). It's obvious by now our DL isn't going to do much of a pass rush on their own. Most of our sacks are by LB's, with a few random McCoys. Prevent-type defenses will kill this D until more play-making DL's arrive.

Playcalling and the fact the backup QB was a more accurate passer.

The aggressiveness of the team is becoming evident. We sat just left of our sideline and the professionalism of the coaching staff is night and day to what garbage we have seen since the New Orleans Bowl era. Even if the negative nancys of the fanbase/public look close enough, there are little gems of improvement throughout. I like to think of these things as the steel framing, concrete and mortar that is binding the most important components of our program. It's a great time to start inviting past alums, friends and neighbors to the games.

JRock

• Upvote 2